cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 71 of 93

Re: Smart hub plus

I pay £85 pm for my line and broadband.
My next door neighbor not with BT pays £40

I receive into house average 914mbps broadband.
My next door neighbor not with BT average 895mbps broadband.

I receive WIFI 5 coverage in computer room  average 125mbps broadband.
My next door neighbor not with BT WIFI 6 mesh coverage in computer room same layout in house average 610mbps broadband.

Im tied into my BT contract for another 12 months.  
My next door neighbor can cancel anytime.  

Don't be me....be like my neighbors and go with a company who don't rip off with extortionate prices and utilize up to date decent routers and WIFI equipement!

Message 72 of 93

How on earth have you let BT fob you off for £85 when the 1Gbps is like £55?

You may aswell go onto live chat and ask what your termination fee would be then recoup that by paying like £40 elsewhere. Maybe even £30 if you don't think you have benefited from the 1 Gbps.

The termination fee is always way less than what is actually on your contract btw. Plus some companies have a contract buy out offer making it even cheaper.

0 Ratings
Message 73 of 93

I was one of the first full fiber adopters and paid full price for a 2 year contract.

Broadband Package: £75.49/month £75.49
700 Minutes Calling Plan: £9.12/month £9.12 

(Wife is never off the phone at night!, tried going down the 'use your mobile as it is free' but she never does and if we cancel this i always end up with a +£20 phone call bill each month)  However what i have argued to no compromise from BT is this is now a DATA DIGITAL VOICE so why are BT charging for a line as this is incorrect.   

AS soon as my contact is up im off to another company.  

0 Ratings
Message 74 of 93

Why do you think it costs a company any less to provide a VoIP service rather than an analogue phone service?

0 Ratings
Message 75 of 93

@licquorice  Its not really VOIP though is it, VOIP is an open standard and Digital Voice is not open (biggest problem with digital voice bordering anti competitive). The reason he is thinking it should be free is because he is already paying for the majority of the infrastructure used with his FTTP fee (which is really over priced). There is a fair argument to make that for the cost BT charge for full fibre Digital Voice should really be free.  

I have no idea though why BT don't offer consumers a proper VOIP services, they already have one in place for Business users and we would not be stuck with the POS router

0 Ratings
Message 76 of 93

BT Digital Voice is cheap to provide, is totally secure, and the hardware capability has already been tested with the original Home Hubs 1, 1.5 and 2, to provide an additional phone number.

They supported a service called BT Broadband Talk, which worked well, apart from a few outages, which I suspect will also happen with BT Digital voice, if the IP path gets lost.

Business Cloud Voice is a totally different service brought in to replace a number of legacy services like ISDN30 and Featurenet, which used old technology and were facing intense competition from other VOIP services. It allows most of the same features, plus lots of new ones.

0 Ratings
Message 77 of 93

Looks like EE are rolling out a WiFI6 router with their 1.6gbs package, on behalf of BT using EE kit .

This service is already available in my area.

Not sure whether you can transfer a BT contract to an EE one without paying a penalty?

I would have expected not as they are part of the same company now

0 Ratings
Message 78 of 93

Please be aware that the EE wifi 6 router (EE Smart Hub Plus) only has 1gbps ethernet ports.

You might get close to 1gbps over wifi, but that is only if you are in the same room as the router or you have an insanely good mesh system that can deliver those speeds around the home.

0 Ratings
Message 79 of 93

Wait really? How are we meant to access that 1.6gpbs speeds then via ethernet? Is there no way?

0 Ratings
Message 80 of 93

From what I think I picked up a few weeks ago (and which may have changed) it will be treated just like any other transfer to another provider and there will be penalties if you are still in contract to BT. If you are no longer in contract to them, then you will not have penalties.

0 Ratings