cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 81 of 93

Re: Smart hub plus

They are supposed to be bringing out a wifi 7 router later this year I think. Or you could buy your own 3rd party one with 2.5gbps LAN ports.

But yeah, they have put out an underpowered router with their highest tier product 😛

0 Ratings
Message 82 of 93

Also the 1.6gbps package is basically in a trial phase right now and is due to come out of it on the 1st April. Yes this is despite it being on sale by EE.

So if you sign up before then, you will be essentially a beta tester.

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2024/02/openreach-confirm-uk-launch-of-1-8gbps-and-1-2gbps-ftt...

0 Ratings
Message 83 of 93

@Monir please tell me how you would utilise 1.6Gbps on a single device?

Message 84 of 93

I do not require it but I know other customers do. 1gbps is enough for me.  for example in the screenshot attached some people require it because of their job. 

Screenshot_20240213_144413.png

0 Ratings
Message 85 of 93

Too little too late for me. I’ve switched to Vodafone and saved £30 a month in the process and I’ve got their latest router which gives me WiFi 6. Sorry BT but your efforts are too late, otherwise you would still have me as a customer.

0 Ratings
Message 86 of 93

@licquorice  are you still going on all these weeks later that there is no need for a single user to need 1.6Gbps? Come on you are supposed to be a distinguished sage on a ISP forum, surely you have more of a clue then that. I see @Monir provided you with a screenshot of one of my previous explanations into the requirement. How about another though. download a 120GB game file in 19 mins at 900 Mbps or download it in 10 minutes at 1.6Gbps, now your answer to that would probably be surely you can wait an extra 9 mins, but why would you want to when the tech is there.

As it stands the UK is miles behind with internet speeds where 10Gbps (up and down) being available in America, Europe and Asia but lets stifle innovation and technological advances because teh likes of @licquorice cannot figure out how to use it.

Message 87 of 93

(a) Can the server serve the file at that speed?

(b) How often do you download 120Gb files? I guess you'll say that when you do you want it instantly.

(c) I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

0 Ratings
Message 88 of 93

@licquorice yes the servers can serve the data at those speeds. Most games now are 60 to 150Gb  in size as are many of the updates. Then of course you have other technical advances on the way like streaming in 8k video content or streaming games in 4K @120fps+

Its not a case of agreeing to disagree, on this you are just wrong. Heck there was a time when i wondered how i would fill a 500Mb hard drive now i have 128Gb of RAM

Message 89 of 93

I would like to be a beta tester for BT
0 Ratings
Message 90 of 93

Im downloading in excess of 500GB files every few days due to work info.   
BT speeds to router are good, 950mps,WIFI speeds due to constraints on obsolete router technology are vpoor and the router is not fit for purpose.  I cannot change to a faster wifi 6e or 7 router as I'm stuck with BT voice.

0 Ratings