cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

BT Whole Home not updating logs

After a restart, I log in to my Whole Home system and can see the logs from the restart onwards.  After logging out, the logs appear to stop so that when I next log in, there are no entries in the logs since my previous login.  This is causing some difficulty because I have intermittent problems with the system but no ability to examine logs.  Anyone have any ideas how to progress this issue? 

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: BT Whole Home not updating logs

Update.  When I looked today, all previously missing entries appeared so it seems that logging was working OK but I was unable to see the data.  As an added piece of information, I have 6 discs, 4 of which are connected via ethernet, and the master had changed from the original hub to a different one.  Problem may be resolved but I don't know how.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: BT Whole Home not updating logs

I was just getting around to posting before you said it was fixed.

If you have the AC2600 ones, the original larger ones they do do some weird stuff when more than one is connected back to the router via ethernet, well to be honest they do some weird stuff generally....speaking as a man who went all out to see what they could do installing 9 around my self Ive experience all the quirks.

What you describe as happening is usually due to the boot order, the discs are kind of dumb and limited in their configuration, as much as I was fond of my years spent with them....If you have multiple discs on ethernet and have a power outages or whatever then alot of the time you'll need to ensure the original master disc goes blue before powering the other ones back on. If you dont do this sometimes you can just power cycle the one that has become master and hope the master master picks back up, otherwise easier to just power all off.

My two main frustrations with these devices were:

• Boot order causing master disk and non optimum daisy chaining
  • Not being able to force a device to only connect to a certain disk

Ultimately I went Unifi in the end.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquity ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
0 Ratings