cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

BT simpler network HP200PT64BT2 powerline keeps dropping the link

The powerline pairs successfully but after a short time it drops the link even when in download mode. Switching it off and back on again reconnects the link but then it drops it again after a while. Tried a factory reset but that does not seem to have helped.

The powerline unit is second hand so potentially it has a fundamental flaw.

Any thoughts very welcome.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT simpler network HP200PT64BT2 powerline keeps dropping the link

Can you describe your setup.

The powerline converters should ideally be plugged directly into the same ring main, not a spur or an extension lead and they probably won't function well if you have any surge suppressors connected to the same point

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Sadly none of those apply here, I have used another powerline in the same plug and all was good. Tried pairung the unit with the main powerline that is linked to the router but that made no difference.

The faulty unit appears to power off briefly when transmitting data, then re-powers and all seems OK but eventually it falls over and looks like it is working (ethernet light flashing) but it has lost the link. All very odd. have to assume the unit is past its best.

Thanks for your support

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Perhaps I misunderstand the following

"Tried pairung the unit with the main powerline that is linked to the router but that made no difference."

How many powerline converters do you have connected directly to your router by ethernet cable? you can only have one

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Sorry I wasn't clear enough. Only one powerline connected to the router, the one that keeps falling over was paired to it by plugging it in to the other socket of the double socket.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

If it all works as it should using another powerline adaptor in the same electrical socket and you have tried the errant adaptor in other electrical sockets and it is still dropping the connection it would appear that it is a faulty powerline adaptor. 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Pretty much my conclusion too.

0 Ratings