cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

BT4600 Telephone system incoming calls ring twice then moves into answer phone mode.

Go to solution

My BT4600 Telephone system incoming calls ring twice then moves into answer phone mode. Has anyone else got that problem. I'm fed up with having to catch the phone before it jumps into answer mode so can anyone suggest a telephone system other than a BT one. 

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: BT4600 Telephone system incoming calls ring twice then moves into answer phone mode.

Go to solution

@BML 

You can change the number of rings before the answerphone takes the call. Page 56 and page 57.

Yours must have been set for two rings.

Capture.JPG

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Re: BT4600 Telephone system incoming calls ring twice then moves into answer phone mode.

Go to solution

Also check that it isn't BT's 1571 voicemail service answering the calls.

Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

An engineer called and the two ring prob has been solved.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @BML That's great, did they tell you what the issue was?

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution
The engineer thought that it was possibly the BT 4600 telephone was the fault.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

@BML 

Had you already increased the settings for the number of rings. as I posted?

You need to be aware that if it was a setting on the phone that the technician changed, then it may be a chargeable visit.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

Many thanks and yes because now it rings more than two rings up to 8 I think.

0 Ratings