cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

Complete Wifi Black Discs

Go to solution

I am interested in complete wifi, but would certainly only need one disc.

I could start a new 24 month contract at about £10 a month more than I am paying at the moment, meaning a total cost of about £240. Alternatively I could buy a disc for about £100, which would obviously be a lot cheaper. I have, therefore, two questions to help me decide,

1. If I buy a disc (new) from a non-BT retailer, will that be able to be set up in the usual way, and

2. When I look on line, some of the discs seem just to have "BT" on the front and some have "BT" and the colourful logo. Is there any distinction between them?

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: Complete Wifi Black Discs

Go to solution

@northshields 

You can only use the black BT Complete Wifi discs, not the white BT Whole Home discs, if you want to connect via wireless to the BT Smart Hub 2.

BT sell the discs at about £100 each.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution

Keith

You are probably right about BT selling the discs, but at the moment searching for them on the BT shop doesn't find them.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

@northshields wrote:

Keith

You are probably right about BT selling the discs, but at the moment searching for them on the BT shop doesn't find them.

On this page https://www.bt.com/broadband/accessories/

As the ones provided by BT are only on loan, there are not going to be may secondhanded ones.

Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

Keith,

Thank you for that. I was looking on the shop.bt.com site rather than the main BT site.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

Hello @northshields @Keith_Beddoe 

Did you purchase a wifi black disc from bt and did you get it to work with the business smart hub 2? Without starting any extra contract etc with BT?

John

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

JohnMcK,

No, I haven't gone for it yet, although I am sure that it would not mean starting a new contract.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

Hello  @northshields   @Keith_Beddoe 

I asked the question of BT - see web chat photos

initially looking as though they wanted me to take contract, then it changes,

so I asuming from this chat that as my full fibre to property is working fine I should be able to add a disc that I purchase myself onto the Business Home Hub2.

JohnStart conversationStart conversationIMG_8466 (1).jpegIMG_8467 (1).jpegfinalfinal

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

JohnMcK

I think you are right. The only thing you may need to check out is whether the black disc works with the Business Smart Hub as the web chat you had with BT doesn't seem to cover that point explicitly.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

will  check that - I had put it (ie Business smart hub 2) twice in fact in a question at the top of the chat but yes it got missed off in following replies 

0 Ratings