cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Help - Wi Fi Discs

Go to solution

The Smarthub 2 works fine still.

But both BT Black extender discs do not work.

Solid Red

Tried resetting and turning on and off, and hub, but still do not connect. Tried connecting again using ethernet nothing - says cannot find disc.

I noticed the Fireware was updated Tue Aug 16 15:57:29 2022

Could this had messed ift up?

How can I get the discs to work  8(

Shirl

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Help - Wi Fi Discs

Go to solution

I have had exactly the same issue in the last 48 hours.

Nothing I can do to reconnect the extender discs is working

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

I left on ethernet overnight when got up connected but when took off and moved to previous wifi spot it went red again 😣

Must be the firmware update.

Any way to roll back to last?

I bought these discs for alot so not happy.

Plus today more expense cant afford ,as had to buy a TP brand one at Argos as needed a ethernet to make sky work in other room. As the disc didnt work.

Any BT person on with a fix?

Regards

Shirl

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

I am so glad to see this thread. I have EXACTLY the same issue. I have two wifi discs and both are red and unusable since the latest update. Looking elsewhere online it's definitely the latest update that has introduced this bug.

If it helps both my discs are connected by home ethernet and I have tested the ethernet because I thought that had failed at first, but it's working fine. 

BT's latest update has 100% caused this bug and I'm very annoyed since I work from home.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Im hoping they read these messages. And bring out another firmware soon.  I tried to explain on the live chat was when firmware was updated but he kept saying disc faulty.  Its not that 2 wouldn't go wrong same time.  

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Quick update to this thread too. A full system reset and then setting everything up manually again (NOT restoring the settings from a backup) has fixed this issue for me entirely. Everything is working great again now. 

I'm still less than happy with BT for pushing out a buggy update that required this though. I actually pay extra every month for complete home wi-fi, so having to spend my weekend troubleshooting router/disc issues and fixing my internet so I can work from home without issue on Monday morning after BT pushed out an update that wasn't tested properly is not acceptable. 

0 Ratings