cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Is my Whole Home disc dead?

Go to solution

I have a set of 3 Whole Home discs bought late 2018, running firmware v1.02.13 build07. In the last 2 weeks I noticed one disc had no devices connected but was still listed in the app as working with good signal. I rebooted it a few times and it made no difference.  I factory reset the device and tried to add it back to Whole Home and it won't. I plug it in via ethernet cable and wait for the solid blue light (as normal)... the wizard quickly says "device found" then sits for a few minutes before reporting a failure. I've tried several times.

It sounds to me like the disc may have failed. Does this sound likely? Is there anything else I can try/test before writing it off?

Clearly I'm outside any warranty period and it puts me in a tricky position. A single add-on disc is expensive - half the cost of my 3-disc system. It's an OK system but there are a lot more options these days... even BT now has multiple products (mini/standard/premium) so maybe I cut my losses and start over, even. 

Any advice or general thoughts welcome.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Is my Whole Home disc dead?

Go to solution

Hi @MrBoy, sorry that one of your discs is faulty.

You can still contact the Whole Home Wifi product helpdesk and they are able to advise you. "If your product is out of warranty, please call the Technical Help and Support Desk on 0808 100 6116" Hopefully they be able to fix this for you.

Cheers
John

Message 3 of 3

Re: Is my Whole Home disc dead?

Go to solution
Worth a try but I fear it'll just be someone working from a script - I'll wait until I have some time to kill on the phone 🙂 Thanks I hadn't seen this.