cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 154

Re: Issues post firmware upgrade home hub 2

I had the same issue with obtaining my wifi speed. A Distinguished Sage provided this solution for me earlier today which worked perfectly for me.
Use the following speedtest.
https://speedtest.btwholesale.com/
0 Ratings
Message 12 of 154

What was the solution ? Also running that speed test doesn’t work for me always shows 90mb down when I’m synced at 55

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 154

Did you get anywhere? Am also getting the same problems following recent firmware upgrade. Have followed the same approach - doing a factory reset

Also noticed I now have Public Wi-Fi Activated... no idea how to turn this off

Message 14 of 154

Has anyone gotten any milage with this issue? The new grey interface also has downgraded functionality. Some options are missing. It can't seem to handle multiple devices on the network either which is a nightmare in a 5 person household, and I'm noticing similar symptoms here so I'm just wondering if you guys have any leads on this mystery. Thanks.

Message 15 of 154

@Dr_Bob wrote:

Did you get anywhere? Am also getting the same problems following recent firmware upgrade. Have followed the same approach - doing a factory reset

Also noticed I now have Public Wi-Fi Activated... no idea how to turn this off

you can try here  you may need to opt in then opt out

https://www.bt.com/help/broadband/how-do-i-opt-out-of-bt-wi-fi-

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 16 of 154

I left it a couple of days and it seemed to settle down after a hard reboot however I got a disconnect today at 7am. I have an engineer visit due weds however need to keep and eye on stability now to see if it’s needed 

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 154

Yeah that’s what I got . Unplugging and leaving for half and hour and restarting the router seems to have settled it down or maybe something needed a couple of days for learning devices again ?

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 154

Opted out of public wifi (MyBT -> Manage (Under Your Products tile) -> BT Wi-fi tile)

Factory Reset on my router... and the Public Wi-Fi status on  the status page (on the router) was showing as Not Active.

Internet was then working fine - usual speed.

After a couple of mins... the Public Wi-Fi status changed to Activated (on the router)... Internet then started again to be intermittently bad.

Repeated the above.... after leaving the router off for 30 mins - same results.

BT are sending me a new router in lieu of having an engineer come out....engineer would take longer.

Am open to any additonal ideas.... have work tomorrow morning and can't really afford an intermittent connection...

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 154

Odd BT refused to send me a router out without and engineer visit . No that’s what I did and it seemed better . Will need to check public wifi status 

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 154

Mine upgraded on 7th April. I hadn't spotted that Smart Setup had gone - thank goodness, unless it means it's permanently on.

My Public WiFi status is showing "Not Active" for the first time ever that I can remember. I'd opted out ages ago but it always said "active" but BT reassured me (!) it wasn't active, just being reported wrong.

No issues with speed or connectivity here  - G.fast @145Mbs with quite a few wired and wireless devices. The hybrid connect also seems to work fine as we've had quite a few outages in the last 2 days due to a fault on our local cabinet. (It's been running on generators for nearly 2 months due to an earthing fault and the generators keep stopping.)

0 Ratings