cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 154

Re: Issues post firmware upgrade home hub 2

I'm informed by someone who I trust that BT have been considering the removal of Smart Setup for sometime, hopefully this means that they have done.  

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 154

Thank goodness!

Smart Setup served no real purpose anyway - it was more trouble than it was worth.

BT Halo 3+ (FTTC) | BT Digital Voice | BT Sport (on Sky Q) | Stretham, Ely
Message 23 of 154

I hate the new colour scheme it’s not very legible.. 

Message 24 of 154

It would seem that this update was unexpected even to those usually in the know so maybe it wouldn't be too outrageous a guess to assume that someone jumped the gun.

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 154

Had the fttp install done today and the Smart hub 2 immediately updated the firmware to... v0.31.00.10253-BT.  Presuming that your firmware-kiss-of-death got pulled...

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 154

Hi @MooJuice   My firmware updated to v0.33.00.12274-BT yesterday. Absolutely zero problems.

0 Ratings
Message 27 of 154

My SH2 firmware updated today to 12274 so as update ongoing seems intentional and not someone jumped the gun 

Had 1 WiFi device fail to reconnect and required manual assistance but now working ok

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 28 of 154

Ah, okay.  Thanks for the warning (and reassurance!).

0 Ratings
Message 29 of 154

Just posting to advise I either have a new faulty Smart Hub 2 or the new firmware v0.33.00.12274-BT is a buggy disaster...

On Wi-Fi 2.4GHz and 5GHz will connect but download speeds go wrong constantly as can be seen by doing Netflix speed tests at fast.com

1 test it gives expected download speeds then next few tests it gets stuck on speeds in the 10's to 100's of Kbps.

Curiously, upload speeds are always correct and the speed they should be.

Nothing fixes the issue eg reboots, factory resets, enabling/disabling freq bands, changing channels, etc etc

What makes this worse is Tech Support don't even troubleshoot it to any resolution.

Message 30 of 154

Edit: Looking around this forum there appears to be mounting evidence of issues with this firmware especially regarding downloads/wifi issues intermittantly eg Zoom calls show evidence of the issue according to another thread and on my own tests with this firmware/issue
Search for tag

v0.33.00.12274-BT

Tags (1)
0 Ratings