cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 61 of 154

Re: Issues post firmware upgrade home hub 2

I think that's where we differ, I work for a large software company and bugs/issues like this even if not solved are at least communicated that its being looked into. Especially with the amount of money we pay for this service.

I would expect a reply even if its to say we are looking into it.
Message 62 of 154

@Ash007  I did not say that I do not want an improvement in communications!

Lack of update data for changes/adds/modify on firmware would be very welcome 😀

0 Ratings
Message 63 of 154

Phone support are oblivious of firmware issues.  There is no reliable knowledgebase to which they can refer and they'll not know if someone has rung in with the same issue.

We should also be aware that there is potential for confusion as there are two bugs from firmware updates... there is the new v33 bug, but also wifi disconnect issues from January with ~v31 and persists in later versions.

BT Smart Hub 2 + BT Disc on full fibre 150Meg Halo FTTP
Macs and iphones, plus alexa, YouView box, Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV+
CFP project lead.
Tags (2)
Message 64 of 154

Strangely enough I have not had the issues with 31&33 but then I do not have lots of devices etc.

0 Ratings
Message 65 of 154

Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry to see you're experiencing problems with your connection after the recent firmware update. I can confirm that we have reported this and the Hub team is investigating.

To help with their investigations the Hub team have asked for some further examples, so I will reach out to some of you via a private message so you can send us your details. 

Thanks

Neil

Message 66 of 154

My first impression of the much maligned new colour scheme is that it was stolen from Fisher-Price toys (now kiddies touch the square and watch it change colour).

On a more serious note, it doesn't appear to be Team Viewer friendly, I'm constantly getting notifications that one of my Android devices keeps logging in and out all the time.

As for speeds, I haven't noticed any difference yet.

Message 67 of 154

Ive replied @NeilO  Hope this helps. This new firmware is ruddy awful.. 

Message 68 of 154

Hahahaha Brilliant thats very true. Yep same with teamviewer..
Message 69 of 154

@NeilO Have PM'd with details.  Have been on the phone with support a new hub is being sent out to test and try.

Mini Hub is now up and running, so I have stable connectivity for the time being for a few devices.

Cheers

0 Ratings
Message 70 of 154

Luckily, my SH2 hasn't updated yet (I'm on v31), but soon everyone will be coming on here to complain.  I hope BT can trace the bugs.

BT Smart Hub 2 + BT Disc on full fibre 150Meg Halo FTTP
Macs and iphones, plus alexa, YouView box, Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV+
CFP project lead.
0 Ratings