cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 15

Re: Mini Connector - Possible Domestic Wiring Problem

Update - connecting the new mini connector to the master hasn't made any difference.  It connected without any problems then lost the connection again, just as quickly.

Any further ideas to try?

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 15

I think it may be a problem with domestic wiring, specifically the sockets you have mentioned. A visual inspection of the wiring to the sockets concerned and/or a test by a qualified electrician might reveal a fault in the wiring. Sometimes conductors come loose in sockets or the sockets develop faults. 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings icon. If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted solution’
Message 13 of 15

Thanks for your advice.  I was reckoning it might be a problem with the wiring but was just trying to rule out any other possibilities first.  There is an ex-BT engineer who works in our area so will give him a call to come out and have a look.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 15

Hi @stevemac2 and thanks for posting.

I'd have to agree with @stevebrass on this. It definitely sounds like an internal wiring issue. Please post back and let us know how you get on with it. I'd be interested to know how you resolve it.

Cheers

David  

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 15

Here's what happened with my broadband issue.  I did get an independent engineer to have a look at it.  His suggestion was to run a hard-wired connection from the router to the bedroom upstairs which was going to cost £300+.  Spoke to BT and their suggestion was to sign up for BT halo which includes the wifi discs,  We got those installed yesterday and, so far, they seem to be working well with a good wifi connection in the rooms where it was a problem before.

0 Ratings