cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 28

New Firmware update for Smart Hub 2

Go to solution

SH2 updated but now the router and the Black Disc are having issues connecting keep dropping out.

Have rebooted router and Black Discs still keep dropping link

Firmware version:v0.35.01.06093-BT

Firmware updated:Thu Aug 4 13:50:35 2022

0 Ratings
27 REPLIES 27
Message 2 of 28

Re: New Firmware update for Smart Hub 2

Go to solution

Make sure the hub is in wireless mode 1 (Wireless)

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 28

Go to solution

Thanks

It was

Have cured issue by changing the smart setting to fixed channel 11 and 48 since doing that no issues

Message 4 of 28

Go to solution

I was hoping that would fix mine but didnt , still flashing red and not showing in the Hub Manager. Think Ive tried everything now 🤐

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 28

Go to solution

Save setting then do a factory reset

Finger crossed for you

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 28

Go to solution

Many people are having issues with the extender discs since the latest update, me included. There is no fix as yet.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 28

Go to solution

Same issue lost all three discs only able to try and sort it when I got back to the property today. Managed to power cycle the BT Smart hub 2 and discs they started to work, then found I could not access the hub using MyBT app, used web browser and noticed not displaying my discs, no BT Hybrid and no Ethernet ports showing I have four connected and they do work. I then realised my  BT Hybrid is not connect will not pair.  So bottom line this firmware update is far from a quality release will be calling 150 tomorrow.

The hub has also rebooted about 4 hours after the power recycle was done on the hub, interesting I was watching Netflix and that carried on without dropping but everything else went offline so again went round and power cycled the discs two came on OK the last one took about 5 attempts then connect! 
Have checked  the internet and the BT Community to see if people are having issues but not much chatter about this firmware release so I must be one of the unlucky ones. Will most likely do a hub reset tomorrow but as I have changed the default SSID and password not something I am looking forward to do.

Any pointers on how I can stabilise my wifi network, get into MyBT app wifi network screens get visibility of my connected discs ( nice to be able to turn on the disc light which I had disabled as the network was stable) and see which items are connected to the disc currently shown as connected to the hub it says my devices 31 5Ghz 0 2.4 GHz and zero Ethernet!!!

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 28

Go to solution

Exactly same as me.  I also got on website hub manager no Ethernet names even thou things in. And no discs showing thou mine are red now but when did work everything when to hub. Also the hub webpage very slow to load. Tonight router went off and on for no reason. Hope fix soon. Shame no rollbacks on firmware you can do.  What it Power cycle? Let me know how u get on when phone. If a solution.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 28

Go to solution

Power cycle means on/off.

Hub seems to have rebooted over night again all discs red lighted this AM.

Now have reset the hub, now can access the hub both via web browser (access is not slow it refreshes quickly)/MyBT and shows discs (discs show what is connected to them) and ethernet. BT Hybrid still flashing red I guess I will factory reset that is the next task this AM.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 28

Go to solution

This looks like it could be different symptoms for the same issue, which presumably must be a flaky update.

I posted about mine in a separate thread, but I’ll add a summary of it in case it helps.

The hub took 26 attempts during the overnight update to reboot itself, which in turn led to the hybrid connect taking over for 20 minutes. It’s a minor miracle that dlm didn’t see it as an unstable line tbh.

I’ve now realised thanks to this thread that hub manager is not seeing the disc, though My BT app does see it. I’ve just double checked and the hybrid connect and disc are working properly.

Its just hub manager that I have an issue with, so I’ve been lucky really.

0 Ratings