Message 11 of 28

Re: New Firmware update for Smart Hub 2

Go to solution

SOLVED

Reset Hub and now:-

BT Hybrid connected 'blue light'

BT Dics connected 'blue light'

MyBT 'your wi-fi network' can access and discs and BT Hybrid displayed

Hub access via browser OK, discs and BT Hybrid showing, ethernet ports displayed and what is connected to the discs shows same in MyBT.

Well now to keep fingers crossed that it is stable only took all morning to get it back to pre latest firmware up date working.

Message 12 of 28

Go to solution

Just to check, a full factory reset worked for you? It didn't for me. I'll try again though if it definitely works for some people?

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 28

Go to solution

Let me know if works for you.

I was going to try a reset next week when off work.

But Wondering if you reset it will download the new firmware again and be back to beginning.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 28

Go to solution

Yes reset sorted it, did switch off disc before I did the reset.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 28

Go to solution

Factory reset as far as I know does not download the firmware again.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 28

Go to solution

@LadyQuake wrote:

But Wondering if you reset it will download the new firmware again and be back to beginning.

A reset doesn't revert the firmware to a previous build, it just makes sure it is fully initialised.

There is nothing a user can do to force any particular version of fimware.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 28

Go to solution

If I do a factory reset to try get it to work.

As wireless devices like mobile, tv , pc etc have the hub name and password already, do they connect automatically still after reset?

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 28

Go to solution

@LadyQuake wrote:

If I do a factory reset to try get it to work.

As wireless devices like mobile, tv , pc etc have the hub name and password already, do they connect automatically still after reset?

Yes

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 28

Go to solution

Quick update to this thread. A full system reset and then setting everything up manually again (NOT restoring the settings from a backup) has fixed this issue for me entirely. Everything is working great again now. 

I'm still less than happy with BT for pushing out a buggy update that required this though. I actually pay extra every month for complete home wi-fi, so having to spend my weekend troubleshooting router/disc issues and fixing my internet so I can work from home without issue on Monday morning after BT pushed out an update that wasn't tested properly is not acceptable. 

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 28

Go to solution

Now been stable for one day and 17 mins and counting good news I hope it stays stable fingers crossed.

I agree how can BT release a firmware update that caused many issues that in my case were only resolved by a factory reset.

Note I recommend a factory reset done by pushing the switch at the back of the hub rather than selecting the option in the hub online menu. I remember sometime ago the BT backroom tech guru said it was a more reliable way of clearing all memory on the hub. 

0 Ratings