cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Smart Baby Monitor with 2.8 inch colour screen - trouble connecting baby unit via app

I have recently purchased the above mentioned device and although the baby and parent unit are connecting I'm struggling to connect via the smart controls app. It keeps telling me error 4 which is a problem with the WiFi but I can see via my WiFi app that its connecting on the 2.4ghz and saying connected. 

Can anyone help with any suggestions? I've tried restarting all items, turned off my phone data and additional WiFi extenders plus moved as close to the router as possible. 

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Smart Baby Monitor with 2.8 inch colour screen - trouble connecting baby unit via app

Hi @MooHouse welcome to the community and thanks for posting, I'm sorry you're having issues connecting to the Baby monitor using the smart controls app. I found the below advice on the Smart Controls help page

I hear an error code when setting up my camera, what does this mean?

This means that there’s been an issuing trying to link your camera to your wi-fi network. The following steps may help:

1. Try the set up again and make sure that you are within one to two metres of the camera when in set-up mode
  2. Check that your home wi-fi password is entered correctly
  3. Make sure you have a good wi-fi signal. You may want to try moving the camera closer to your broadband router until set-up is complete. You can then move the camera to its final place afterwards
  4. Check that your internet connection is working as expected. If not, try restarting your broadband router

If these don't help I'd recommend getting in touch with the helpdesk.

By phone: 0808 100 6554 Monday to Friday 9am to 5.30pm, Saturday 9am to 2pm

By email: Click here for email support

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Re: Smart Baby Monitor with 2.8 inch colour screen - trouble connecting baby unit via app

Thanks none of those actions helped unfortunately. I will contact the Helpdesk

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Although it shouldn't happen, app controlled devices don't like being on different WiFi bands. It might be worth temporarily turning off the 5GHz band on the router to force everything onto 2.4GHz & see if that allows the app to connect.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Any idea how to do that? 

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Something like this, but once you're in there it should be obvious how to just turn one band off rather than both. I don't use a Hub so can't be more specific.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Thanks. I actually haven't got a bt hub but I used good old google to figure out how and unfortunately despite turning off the 5ghz it connects (as before) but remains offline. 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

0 Ratings