cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Smart Setup missing on Hub Manager

Go to solution

I brought up the Hub Manager on my laptop ( I was having issues with Kodi and thought about disabling Smart Setup on my Smart Hub 2)

I am curious as to why Smart Setup does not appear on my Home Page? Under the 'Broadband performance test' box there is one for 'Restart the Hub'; but nothing relating to the Smart Set up

Can anyone help?

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Smart Setup missing on Hub Manager

Go to solution

Hi, @oscar468 Thanks for posting, the Smart Setup feature was disabled in the last Home Hub 2 firmware update.

Thanks

Neil

Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

Could you please tell me how to sort this problem out, I'm having the same problem, smart setup missing in hub manager.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

Smart setup missing is not a problem, it is a huge benefit, you don't want or need it.

BT have finally seen sense and removed it after years of requests from forum users.

Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

I don't know why anyone would want to enable the aberration that is Smart Setup but although it has at long last been removed from the SH2 operating system it is still possible to access it should you wish to ensure that it has been disabled on your hub.

You must first select Advanced Settings and enter you admin password otherwise it will not work.

Smart Setup Status

Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

@Phil1904  I strongly recommend that you don't enable it. It will cause you countless problems if you do.

Message 7 of 9

Go to solution
  • I'm trying to connect a Rasp Pi box a streaming device and was told to turn smart settings off so deffinatly won't be enabling it, now I have found out that Smart set up is off, I'm still having a problem as to why I can't connect to wifi with my password details, thank you for your help.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution
Thank you, I won't be enabling it because I wont it off, something is stopping me from connecting my wifi to a Rasp pi box, I thought this was the problem but now back to square one.
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

Try turning off the 5Ghz WiFi temporarily until everything is connected and then reinstate it

0 Ratings