cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 27

Re: Smart hub 2 and assigned IP address not working

That should happen should it regardless of what band it connects to. You give a device a static ip it should use it. What happens if I pick a static ip In The pool that the Wi-Fi discs are using for another device. Would it conflict 

the only devices that do this is devices that connect to Wi-Fi and have their static IP address set in each device not the router.  All devices that connect to the Wi-Fi and have the static IP address set by the router have the same ip on both router and  discs. 

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 27

I remember that somewhere in the conversation you mentioned a device that you had tried to allocate .37 to, have you tried powering the discs down, then powering the device down and turning the hub wi-fi back on before powering the device up again and what happens if you do?

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 27

I have sorted the static ip problem.  Now I dont understand why a static IP address set by the router which uses Wi-Fi has a different ip in the disc mesh system to the hub as the up see the right IP address from the device but since the device connects to the whole home discs why is it using a different IP address  

firestick ip set to static  73  inside the firestick network menu 

connects to whole Wi-Fi discs as  ip 120

smart hub 2 sees ip address as 73 which is right 

so why is the Wi-Fi discs seeing it as 120 

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 27

I know next to nothing about the wholehome disc system but if you're entertaining semi-educated guesses then I would say that either the disc system operates its own DHCP server or it has its own IP table and the MAC address of the device is in that table.

I can't think of any other way you would get those symptoms  

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 27

I just don’t get it to as they don’t have there own dhcp  but why do all devices that have

1, have a dhcp static ip number set at router read right on both router and home but discs

2, but when setting a static ip on the device itself it reads right on the router but not the bit WiFi discs.

if I change the static ip set at the device to dhcp then set the static IP address at the router dhcp level it’s right on both. I just don’t get it. 

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 27

I'm completely out of ideas/guesses but I did find this, I'll leave it to you to decide if it's helpful or not.

WholeHome WiFi & Fixed IP Addresses - BT Community

0 Ratings
Message 27 of 27

Turn off ipv6 support in the sh2 settings. It'll be using those to identify devices.
Cheers
Ted
0 Ratings