cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

Smarthub2 has started to make clicking noises and slightly warm to touch.

Go to solution

I installed a new Smarthub2 just over a week ago and although it works fine , I have noticed it makes occasional clicking noises. It is also slightly warm to touch. Is this safe to use ? If I need a replacement can i just plug my old HomeHub back in till it arrives ?

Thanks

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: Smarthub2 has started to make clicking noises and slightly warm to touch.

Go to solution

Hi @Tony22, welcome to the community and thanks for posting, my Hub is warm and I don't think it's cause for concern but I haven't heard of them clicking before.

I'll send you a Private message in a moment so you can get in touch and we'll be happy to help. If you want to connect your old Hub that should be fine.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution

Hi i have a Smart Hub 2 and it to has started to make clicking noises also.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

Mine has been doing the occasional "clicking noise" since I started using it. The disc that comes along with the SH2 does the same.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

Hi Everyone,

I have some good news for you all, it's completely normal for the Smart Hub 2 to make the odd clicking noise.

When a customers connection drops the hub goes through a reconnection process which includes the DSL port switching between ADSL, VDSL and  G.FAST until it finds the type of connection on the line. As the port is switching between the different types of connection you will hear a clicking noise. 

Your BT hub may get ever so slightly warm but shouldn't get hot to the touch, I hope this helps everyone?

Any questions please let me know.

Thanks

Matt

Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

Mine clicks all the time, always has done. It does not seem to slow or disrupt  the connection though.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

Thanks Matt … and everyone else for commenting... I had never noticed this with the old HomeHub so it struck me as unusual. I don't think I would have worried about the warmth if I hadn't heard it clicking … I'm reassured things are OK and can confirm that the hub is working fine.

Best Rgds

Tony

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

It's extremely annoying and it never used to click, which is every few seconds or more now. For months it was silent. Please, isn't there anything that can be done about it?

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

Mine didn't click when I had ordinary broadband, however  since switching to full fibre (ie fibre to the hub), it dies odd clicking and usually goes away after an hour or so. But it's now been clicking every 20 seconds or so for over 24 hours. 

Is there a reset button I could press, or even should I just switch it off and then back on again after a couple of minutes?

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

Hi..Is there any solution to fix the clicking sound its getting annoying,  thanks.

0 Ratings