cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

TV Box DTR – T2100 keeps freezing on start up

Go to solution

My bt tv box keeps going to red light after a couple of days on standby and then it gets permanently stuck on youview loading when I start it up again - I go through switching on/off at the mains then a soft reset then software reset and finally the only thing that gets it out of the problem is a full factory reset - I’m doing this so often if I have to watch that welcome video again I’ll go mad 

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: TV Box DTR – T2100 keeps freezing on start up

Go to solution

This is quite an old model now, chances are that the hard drive is very close to giving up the ghost.

Next time you have to restart it, do it in a quiet room with your ear close to the box, I would expect that you will either hear a faint repeated clicking noise as the drive tries and fails to start up or you will hear the repeated whir of an electric motor as the disc tries and fails to spin up to speed.

Message 3 of 3

Re: TV Box DTR – T2100 keeps freezing on start up

Go to solution

I have the same problem on one of our T2100s. I had replaced the hdd due to a different problem, and it worked perfectly until I had to power it off from the wall socket. As soon as I powered it up again it just went round through the 'Loading' screen back to the BT screen loop. I tried replacing the hdd with another good one, and did the Maintenance mode operation to format the drive. However, this did not work either. I used all the options in Maintenance mode with no success. I have also tried the box using the psu from our other T2100 with the same result.

I have searched extensively on the internet for any answers to this problem, and it seems no one has succeeded in solving it. Please can anyone help?

0 Ratings