cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 31

Re: Whole Home Wifi Premium cannot see devices connected to wifi / ethernet when on other connection

I've not got anything other than default settings in the subnet mask.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 31

Re: Whole Home Wifi Premium cannot see devices connected to wifi / ethernet when on other connection

You can only have one disc connected to the router with the premium system, any other discs which for whatever reason also require an ethernet connection should be daisy chained off of one of the others, assuming that this is how you have yours setup then it sounds like a factory reset of one or other (or maybe both) is in order.

There will almost certainly be a method for backing up the router settings so that you can re-instate them with minimal effort and it would appear that there is also a way of backing up the Wholehome system

What is Backup and restore in the app?

This function lets you save your Whole Home Wi-Fi settings such as disc and wi-fi network names.

If required, you can then factory reset your system and automatically restore your original settings, just follow the app instructions.

BT Whole Home Wi-Fi FAQs - Whole Home Wi-Fi app | BT Help

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 31

Yeah, the backup and restore worked fine.

Only 1 disc is connected to the router and the other disc is connected via WiFi backbone. The discs and WiFi all work fine in isolation.

And I've done a full factory reset on both discs and the problem still remains.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 31

It's sounding more and more like a router problem especially as you say it works OK with the BT router

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 31

I think you might be right. Any ideas what setting I need to be looking for and checking on the Sky router?

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 31

You might be better off asking that question here The Official Sky Help Forum | Sky Community

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 31

Ha ha - I'm 100% sure they'll say it's a whole home issue too!!!

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 31

@Cocksy 

Try the product helpdesk.

Product helpdesk information

If your product is within warranty:

By phone: 0808 100 6116

Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.30pm

Saturday 9.00am to 2.00pm

By email: btconnectedhome@bt.com

If your product is out of warranty, please call the Technical Help and Support Desk on 0808 100 6116

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 31

@Cocksywrote:

Ha ha - I'm 100% sure they'll say it's a whole home issue too!!!

Probably but you've already proved that the WholeHome system works with the BT router so you know that's not the case. 

Which Sky hub do you have

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 31

The BT SH2 uses IPs of the range 192.168.1.x by default. So when you were using the BT SH2 did you either:

1. Change the IP range of the Whole Home Wifi Premium to 192.168.1.x to fit the BT SH2, or
  2. Change the IP range of the BT SH2 to 192.168.0.x to fit the Whole Home Wifi Premium?

When the Sky router arrive it presumably was using IPs of the range 192.168.0.x ?

If so, it would clash with a. but mesh with b.

Or something along those lines.

0 Ratings