cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Whole home mesh

Go to solution

I've had a three White disc setup for several years, and it has proved pretty reliable. 

Until today... Live in an old three storey cottage, master disc on ground floor, cabled to router.

First floor, second disc, 2nd floor, 3rd disc, cabled to my PC. This o e presumably connects to the second one, then to the master.

Today, 3rd floor unit wouldn't connect to Internet, but appeared to be working OK, as devices were connected to it. 2nd floor unit had purple light, so turned off & on, no joy, so reset whole network, using the app instructions by cabling each to the router to get the WiFi settings.

Master - OK. 

I brought the 3rd floor unit downstairs, connected to router, firmware update, now OK. Then took this to the 2nd floor, fired it up, hey presto, blue light.

Now the 2nd floor unit, brought to ground floor, cabled to router, light stayed purple, and will not go blue; I've turned it off & on again a couple of times, but still stays purple. 

Is it now banjaxed? Doesn't appear on the app, presumably because it is not connecting to the network.

Any ideas please? Thanks. 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Whole home mesh

Go to solution

Hi @simon3030, sorry you're having this problem with your Whole Home Wifi set up and that you got no replies.

It would be best, if you're still having trouble, to get in touch with the product helpdesk which will be open again tomorrow.

Call them on 0808 100 6116 (Mon to Fri 9am to 5.30pm and Sat 9am to 2pm) or drop them an email: btconnectedhome@bt.com 

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Hi John,

Thanks for replying.

I emailed BT, and they suggested I contact the original retailer, as the units came with a 3 year warranty, they suspected it was nadgered.

On checking my emails, I bought the system from BT...but in March 2020, so it's just out of warranty, and so they won't help. So I moved the second working unit to the top floor,  to se if it might connect anyway - it connected to the base unit two floors below, and I still get 70 Mbps! So, it seems like I didn't need the three discs anyway.

Thanks again.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Hi @simon3030, thanks for the update and unlucky with the warranty, but great news that you can all working without the 3rd disc 🙂

Cheers

John

0 Ratings