cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Whole home (white) network slow after upgrade to Halo

Go to solution

Hi,

we have a Wholehome network running with 5discs which has been trouble free for ages.

We’ve just upgraded to full fibre broadband and have found the download speed through the network has fallen to around 20Mbps (upstream is 50Mbps) from 75Mbps before the upgrade (was on a hub 4 though a copper line previously).  Connected to the smart hub I’m seeing 200/75Mbps.

I’ve restarted the discs and checked for any firmware updates with no change (firmware was upto date)

Are the white discs incompatible with this service and will I need to but the black ones?

thanks for any advice.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Whole home (white) network slow after upgrade to Halo

Go to solution

@Reggit 

Welcome to this user forum for BT Retail phone and broadband customers.

Have you turned off the wireless on the Smart Hub 2, as its most likely causing interference with the Whole Home network?

I think that even doing that will not stop the "hidden" wireless signals that are used for the black BT Complete Wi-Fi Discs, so it may not help your problem.

The Smart Hub 2 will only form a wireless mesh with the Black BT Complete Wi-Fi Discs.

Message 3 of 3

Re: Whole home (white) network slow after upgrade to Halo

Go to solution

Thanks,

Wifi off and the discs are at full speed.  I’d never have guessed that one as we had the wifi on on the previous hub.  

Happy days, thank you :-).