cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

Wifi dropping constantly on SH2

Hi,

I was sent a replacement hub but the issue still persists and it is extremely annoying.

When I come back home some of our mobile phones stop being able to connect to Wifi, sometimes laptops and the only way to fix this is to force a restart of the SH2

I have been painfully waiting on SH3 but who knows if it will be available on 2023..

Any suggestions?

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: Wifi dropping constantly on SH2

Are you mobiles iPhone or Android?

Are your phones set to auto connect to WiFi when you come in?

Have you tried changing your WiFi channels from auto/smart to a fixed channel and see if that helps

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

Hi @imjolly 

All devices are set to autoconnect. Using iOS on mobile phones and MacOS on laptops. 

Tried both Auto/Smart and Fixed channel, issues persisted...

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

A number of users have been having wireless issues with the SH2. I have not found firmware updates resolve the issues. It would appear that is a fundamental hardware issue.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

@spile 

the wifi issues with the SH2 are mainly due to customer devices having problems connecting due to the hub not allowing the 2.4/5ghz networks to be split.  easily overcome by turning off 5ghz then connecting device to 2.4ghz and then re-enable the 5ghz

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

This has never happened to me before, used to live in Spain and none of my devices would exhibit this behaviour 

I guess I will have to ask for another SH2... or hope SH3 comes to a reality one day...

Message 7 of 11

If you have already had a replacement hub then very unlikely that another hub will be any different. It may be something in your home that is causing WiFi interference or a neighbour's hub on similar channesls

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

I had already tried to manually specify non-overlapping channels. Maybe I have "too many" devices that SH2 can handle 🙄

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

I've used a number of isp supplied routers and non of them have exhibited the number of connectivity and performance issues of the sh2.  Imho it's a far bigger issue than the inability to split 2.4 and 5 GHz bands 

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

These issues happen across:

- Macbook pro M1

- Macbook pro Intel

- Iphone 14 Pro, Iphone XS

- Homepod mini

Which are literally 2m away from the Hub on my dining room.

3 devices on 2.4 GHz CH1

8 devices on 5 GHz CH48

Wireless Mode 1

0 Ratings