cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 14

1gb service not getting full upload speed

Go to solution

I've seen others report similar things, I started with the 500mb service, was offered the 1gb service for a reasable additional fee, but my upload speed remains at 50mb.

I have restarted all the equipment, and I am using the btwholesale speed tester and I am using an ethernet cable directly to the router, and I go have a gigabit ethernet card.

I made the mistake of calling the 'tech support' helpline, and was advised to renew my contract which shoulod reset the flags and give me full upload speed - but now that order is complete nothing has changed (suprise suprise!).

Others seem to have had success posting their exact same scenario here so I'm giving this a go first.

Yours hopefully,

Multiroom

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

Re: 1gb service not getting full upload speed

Go to solution

Hi @Multiroom, welcome to the forum and thanks for your post.

Sorry your upload hasn't improved. Has your BT Hub been connected continuously for the last 72hrs?

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 14

Go to solution

I had the hub connected over the weekend, not for 72 hours though. And Now I'm back to third party hardware, bar the fibre Huwaii modem.

As for reintroducing the hub, it is a little inconvenient as I run a full Ubiquiti system throughout the property with multiple connections in and out throughout the day, and VPNs through to several offices I provide support for.

Is there any other way to overcome this? At a push I could setup a bunch of rules on the hub to bodge things for a few days, but I'd prefer not to if it wasn't essential.

Thanks for your reply.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 14

Go to solution

and VPNs through to several offices I provide support for.

Are you a business user then?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 14

Go to solution

I provide support as a passtime, however some of my friends and family value the service I provide to them. I'm a residential user, operating from a residential address with a home account. My property is my technical playground, that about sums it up. Why do you ask? @Keith_Beddoe 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 14

Go to solution

@Multiroom 

Its just that if you had needed a better connection with a less contended connection, and a better SLA, then a BT Business connection may be more suitable.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 14

Go to solution

Ah, no - there's no urgency to this, I just want to get it sorted. Not least of all so that I can stream my own UHD movie library without having to transcode. I rip all of my movies at the highest bitrate, some of them are 80Mbps plus and with the 55Mbps limit that can't happen.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 14

Go to solution

@JohnC2 I've just connected the Hub and will leave until Thursday. I can work around the issues it'll bring, but in the meantime is there anything else I can do?

Many thanks

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 14

Go to solution

Hi @Multiroom, the reason I asked is the hub is usually the cause of the 50Mb upload cap.

If you leave it connected and reply to the Private Message I sent you we'll be happy to get the upload fixed.

Cheers

John

Message 10 of 14

Go to solution

Thank you - I have replied as rewuested.

0 Ratings