cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 17

DLM Reset?

Go to solution

I have recently moved into a new house and the VDSL speeds were nowhere near as good as they should be, I was getting 8mbps down and 1mbps up.

I have found the back of the faceplate was tapped to two futher phone extensions. I have removed these and now I am just connected to the incoming copper.

My upload speed has gone from 1mbps to 8mbps, but my download speed has only gone from 8mb to 10mbps.

Given the line has been in a poor state for years, will I need a DLM reset to get the speeds back to where they should be?

Cheers

0 Ratings
16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17

Re: DLM Reset?

Go to solution

DLM is an automated process. If your line is stable without any drop outs it will automatically set the best speed that your line can deliver. 

What speeds were you expecting and what have you based that on?

Message 3 of 17

Go to solution

Ahh okay, how long should it take?

DSLChecker reckons 35-40mbps, however both next door neighbours say 80mbps so I'm guessing the 35-40mbps is based on the old line condition?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 17

Go to solution

please can you post the stats from your router (if hub enter 192.168.1.254 in your browser) and if  HH5 then go to troubleshooting then helpdesk and if HH6/SH2 then advanced settings then technical log information . 

Have you tried the quiet line test? - dial 17070 option 2 - should hear nothing - best done with a corded phone. if cordless phone you may hear a 'dull hum' which is normal    does not work if you have digital voice

enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number   https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

Someone may then be able to offer help/assistance/suggestions to your problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 17

Go to solution

Assuming there is no fault on your line and the line is stable it can take but not necessarily will take a few weeks to achieve the best stable speed.

Unfortunately you cannot base your speeds on what a neighbour achieves as each line is individual.

If your speeds do not improve in a couple of weeks post back to see if anything can be done to assist you.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 17

Go to solution

B9641948-63CC-4679-964C-1BDBC93F8517.png

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 17

Go to solution

The stats don't look right with10mb down and 8mb up 

Have you tried quiet line test?

Have you tried connecting to test socket with a filter to see if that makes any difference?

Dslchecker results?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 17

Go to solution

D067FFA9-C09B-4065-9993-60E07A3FA8C3.jpeg

Hiya, DSL checker results 

Looks to me like the line has been heavily profiled 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 17

Go to solution

not sure what you mean by 'line heavily profiled'  looks more like a line fault

what about quiet line test?

did you try using test socket with filter to see if speeds improve?

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 17

Go to solution

Quiet line test is fine, I'm wondering if the DLM has limited the speed as it the line had secondary sockets connected before.

Now they've been removed the upstream has incressed 8x where as the download has barely changed, so thinking it's the DLM still holding it back 

0 Ratings