cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

ADSL upgrade to fibre 1

A few weeks ago I upgraded from ADSL broadband to Fibre 1 package which included digital voice phone. This package promised me  Download speed of 7-13 mbps and 1mbps upload., with a guarantee of 5mbps. (And it was £10 cheaper than my DSL package.) Set up went fine except I could make calls but not receive them on the new digital system. They have tried giving me a new digital voice phone, but still cant receive calls.  That is all supposedly being dealt with!!! I won`t hold my breath. 

My download speed was fine and panned out at between 9-10 mbps. Then suddenly after 2 weeks the down load speed suddenly dropped overnight to 1.999mbps and its stuck there now it seems, despite several restarts on the hub. BT/ EE Helpline 150 inform me that all they can offer is 2 mbps and that its not their problem, so they have booked me an open reach engineer to try and sort out this problem.  How I wish I`d never upgraded, although it is eventually inevitable I understand.  I`m a pensioner and live alone and this is causing me great stress to deal with it all. I`m told I can`t go back to my ADSL connection without losing my landline, so then I`d have to rely on my mobile  phone all the time. Its all so complicated and time consuming. Can anyone tell me why and how the Broadband speed can be great for 2 weeks and then suddenly drop so drastically for no reason. I despair. 

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: ADSL upgrade to fibre 1

What speeds were you getting with ADSL and how far are you from your exchange to be getting such low speeds now on Fibre 1 (isn't that FTTC)? I am only a 1/2 mile from my exchange and on ADSL get about 17/1.05 Mbps DL/UL. What possessed you to upgrade anyway?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

@Ladybird9 

It's possible that you've got a line fault.

You have 2 wires coming in to your property and if one of those has a break or similar then your broadband speeds crash down. Not sure how this would affect Digital Voice but it might cause it some problems.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

I upgraded because I was paying £10 a months more for my ADSL package than what fibre 1 package was . I was getting around 6.50 mbps on ADSL with home hub 5 and I`m very rural. We all have to go digital ultimately, so thought I`d get it done with now. My Fibre 1 speed was great for 2 weeks and then suddenly dropped so dramatically overnight. 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

OK....well I will see what the open reach engineer thinks when he (hopefully) arrives on wednesday! 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

can you post hub stats  hub manager/advanced settings/technical log/information

to post stats use the camera iconhow to upload photo.PNG

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Sorry.....that's way to technical for me to do. 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Not that technical but OK, @TimCurtis  is most likely correct.  Post back after engineer visit and let us know what happened.

BTW if it turns out to be a line fault you would've had the same problem with your ADSL service.

0 Ratings