cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Advice needed re: Total loss of broadband service

Go to solution

Hello, I'm hoping someone can suggest what might be wrong with my broadband connection. I have my 4th engineer appointment on Monday 16 Jan with Openreach and I'm looking for some advice so I don't get fobbed off again.

I started experiencing issues with my Internet connection on 16 Dec. The hub alternates between flashing purple or flashing orange all the time. (This past week it is constantly flashing orange).

Initially i was advised there was a problem inside my home and an engineer came out from BT. On the day he came the Internet had been restored. He was in my home less than 2 mins. He said it all looked fine and changed the wall socket 'just in case'.

When my broadband went down a few days later on Boxing Day, BT sent out an Openreach engineer. Again, the Internet reconnected overnight on the day of the appointment. The engineer ran some tests from within the home to check the connection/line speed. He said BT had downloaded some updates and that the problem seemed to have resolved.

My Internet remained connected for 2 days before I experienced a total loss of service again with the hub flashing orange constantly again.

BT booked me another engineer appointment for 11 Jan this week but no one showed up. I've now got another appointment for Monday.

Since boxing day, I've had only six days where my Internet has been connected.

As far as I'm aware, none of the engineers have checked the physical wiring. I think the problem may be linked to the green box or wiring but I have no idea. I was wondering if anyone with some experience in this area had any ideas so I can check whether they're troubleshooting the right things and not just fobbing me off. I don't want to be let down again with no resolution as I work from home.

If anyone can shed any light I'd be grateful.
Thank you

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Advice needed re: Total loss of broadband service

Go to solution

Nobody here can diagnose the fault remotely, but you have an intermittent disconnection line fault (probably a corroded connection/wire) that none of the engineers have been diligent enough to diagnose and locate. It is, unfortunately, a reflection on the calibre of 'engineers' these days.

Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @Fresh_Garbage

Welcome to the BT Community and thank you for posting!

I am sorry for the connection problems and for the time this has been going on.  We can help get all sorted out from here.  I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Thanks,

Robbie

Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks for responding. I think you're right and totally understand this can't be diagnosed remotely. I'll try my best to push the engineer to check the line properly this time as my experience with the two I've had to date hasn't been too great. 

Thanks again.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

Thank you. I've now responded.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

Hopefully the mods will be able to organise a visit by a more experienced engineer

Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Just updating this thread to say the fault appears to have now been fixed. 

I had an Openreach engineer here this morning and his colleague came and checked the telegraph pole outside of my house. They found my wire was badly damaged so have now fixed this and replaced the cover on the telegraph pole. Hopefully this will be an end to the issues! 

Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @Fresh_Garbage, thanks for the update and glad to know you're now back in service. 

Cheers

John

0 Ratings