cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Availability of Fibre

Hi,

Can someone help me identify who would be best to contact regarding this

I live a recently built home in Scotland (built in 2017). When the houses were built we were informed that fibre was to be installed shortly.

For reference, I am the end property of a row of 4 terrace style houses.

On openreach when I check for fibre connectivity, I can see that my immediate neighbours are eligible for fibre as are the houses across the street. However, I am apparently not eligible for fibre and therefore have a max speed of 3mbs.

Just wondering how to find out if I alone an on a different box or if there is some other reason why I am the only one on the street not eligible for fibre.

Thank you for any assistance

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Availability of Fibre

enter your phone number or your address and post results

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

If your address is exactly the same as other 3 in the terrace apart from the individual house number , post the return from the DSL checker for your property and the adjoining one , obscure some info before posting for security etc, you may have to use the address option for the neighbour unless you know their phone number and it would have to be a non LLU provider ( so not Sky or Talk Talk )
https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL
FWIW, if the developer wanted to have FTTP in 2017 they could have arranged it, if a copper pair service was provided it was due to the developer picking that option, any subsequent ‘upgrade’ to FTTP would have nothing to do with the developer and so any opinion they offered on timescales etc , would be nothing more than guesswork.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Hi, 

Thank you for your advice.

I have used the provided checker for both my address (13) and the immediately adjacent home (11) and the remaining 2 properties on the row. 

Mine

Grimston101_0-1649951248491.png

Next door

Grimston101_1-1649951314935.png

The two other properties on the row. 

Grimston101_2-1649951346979.pngGrimston101_3-1649951364628.png

As can be seen, it is the same cabinet but for some reason my property is not available for FTTP.

I just want to know if there is a reason why the other houses have FTTP available but not my own. Do I need to contact open reach to have something installed?

Again, thanks for all the help.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Err, as can be seen, all 4 properties have FTTP availability, not sure why you think number 13 doesn't.

Just place an order.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Unless Iam blind,  which might be the case,  all the returns say FTTP is available.

Message 7 of 9

Hi, 

The issue is that every provider I go to when I use my address only shows normal non-fttp available with max speed of 3mbs. 

For example, I go to openreach and when I input my address I get the following.  

Grimston101_0-1649952122225.png

My question therefore is why no provider shows that fttp might be available at my property and who would I need to contact to see what might be the issue that is preventing my property as being shown as FTTP ready.  

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Call the BT FTTP team 0800 587 4787

FTTP is available at your address.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Something odd , your address ( as already stated ) has an entry for WBC FTTP but different to the other neighbouring addresses , in the ‘availability date’ column yours doesn’t say ‘available’, like the others do , it doesn’t say anything at all, which is odd.
If your  address was a more difficult install ,( unlikely  if all the property’s are broadly similar)  it would say something where the others say ‘1 stage’ install process, presumably if there is no availability then the install process column isn’t completed either .
As already stated , call the BT FTTP team, it may simply be an input error, and they may be able to get Openreach to check and correct any errors, I would think , whoever or whatever updated your individual address put in the wrong info and a consequence is ISPs cannot place an order for your address.