cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 31 of 38

Re: BT Access Point Help

So, I've contacted BT and chatted to their online support and have been told that I've got the full fibre installed already - so no further work is required onsite by the team.  Should just be a matter of switching package at renewal time.

0 Ratings
Message 32 of 38

What ??, 

If you already have a FTTP fitted , so it’s simply a case of asking you to move your router to the ONT when you want to ‘upgrade’ , presumably you already have a CSP and an ONT fitted , so what was your purpose posting ?

The evidence suggests you don’t have FTTP , and it’s impossible to simply switch your package from whatever you currently have to a ‘full fibre’ package without some Openreach work , if it’s the case you do have a dormant ( unused FTTP connection ) waiting to simply be brought into service by an ISP ( BT in your case ) it would have been advisable to mention it .

0 Ratings
Message 33 of 38

Calm down with the attitude - I've told you and photographed everything I have.

I only have the 54822 cable entering the property - there is no dormant cable that I can see.  There is no CSP either at property entry point nor in the roadside manhole.  That is why I photographed the pole - in case it was there.

Inside the property we only have a Mk4 faceplate and a Smart Hub Type A.

I asked Cust Support to confirm and they said from what they seen it was all ready.

0 Ratings
Message 34 of 38

The cable entering the property is the copper cable any existing service would be using .

If the BT rep said , call when you want to upgrade , thats reasonable, to suggest nothing else is required because you already have FTTP is not just wrong , it ludicrously wrong , the installation process states it’s  a 2 stage process ( it states that on the wholesale checker ) , if an ONT existed it would say so on the checker .

What  a 2 stage install entails has been already been described, but as far as BT ( or any ISP ) is concerned that’s the suppliers problem not theirs, but that’s entirely different to simply utilising an existing FTTP installation 

What Openreach need to do to get FTTP service into the address , is as far as BT are concerned , irrelevant, unless excess charges are necessary, BT don’t need to contact you about it , and other giving a longer lead time than a single stage install ( to allow the time to complete any extra work ) the rest is up-to Openreach.

Its  true that the FTTP network is available,  if it were not ,  you couldn’t raise a FTTP order 

0 Ratings
Message 35 of 38

I think you have misunderstood what support was telling you. Being ready means it available and live at the pole. You still nede a fibre cable from the pole to property pls CSP and ONT fitted.

This is proven as there is only one cable entering the property which has to be copper as your existing connection (FTTC) is working.

I don't understand why you don't just order it now at full fibre 2 service at the same price you pay now FOC. It just need a new contract. You could then finish your step, problem solved.

0 Ratings
Message 36 of 38

I double checked and asked him to confirm - he told me no onsite work was required.
If I change to Full Fibre now, the contract is going to stiff me. I think what I'm going to do is to tidy up the cable access point - give them access at that transition between the white & grey conduit via an unbonded step flag.

Will the installation team be able to pull cables internally - I'm not sure how the cable is routed internally - whether it goes up into attic and down to the Faceplate or trunked across from the entry point. If the former, the attic is now floored which might cause install issues. I don't want cables nailed to internal walls as a quick in-out job.
Would they let me pull cables internally, if needed, and come back to complete?
0 Ratings
Message 37 of 38

How is the upgrade contract to FTTP going to stiff you when you are going to upgrade at end of present contract? You can upgrade to FTTP  full fibre 1 at the same price you are paying now, it will just be a new contract from now instead of whenever your contract ends. Same price, better connection and full speed Full Fibre 1,i.e. full 55Mbps.

How will you be stiffed? I cannot understand your reluctance.

Which internal cabling are you wanting to preinstall? If ethernet then feel free that is no of concern to Openreach.

Message 38 of 38

I've just ordered install of full fibre. Different person different sotry. I was previously quoted about £60pm - which is same as I'm currently paying. Got it for under £45 so went for it.
0 Ratings