cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 38

Re: BT Access Point Help

Here's Openreach's property development guidelines and handbooks - https://www.openreach.com/building-developers-and-projects/fibre-for-developers/guides-and-handbooks

To also note, Openreach may not use your own external ducts/chambers unless they are aware and it's compliant with their standards 

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 38

From the link to the radius quadboxes, it looks as if there is an option for a 300x300 opening access chamber.  Its the FW1, code Q300.

TS_QUADBOX_v07.pdf (radius-cts.com)

This means as long as I can get close to a 300x300 opening with a recessed manhole I should hopefully be okay, agree?

To throw a curve ball, I read last night about the needs being different if you are receiving from ground or from a pole - my connection is from a pole.  Does that make a difference.  It has jogged my memory that an installer said something about putting something on pole for me.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 38

I've taken another look at this and I've been told that I can join the two ductings in the original post and just put a solid step over it.  This will prevent BT having access to the cable between pole and inside of house.

I've checked the setup and it looks like there is a grey box up the telegraph pole outside our house - would this be the CSP box?  If not, what is it?  Can the CSP be installed up the pole?

Grey box on telegraph poleGrey box on telegraph pole

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 38

A CSP in a Man Hole, I assume you mean Joint Box, big difference between the two. 

Regardless, no, it’s not the correct procedure if the distance from the CBT is more than 320m away.

You have what they call a, ‘Billy Bodge Job’.

As the CBT was more than 320m they should’ve sent the job back to the build team for something called, an Incremental Build. They should extended the Network out from the Splitter using 36ULW cable and placed the CBT closer to your property.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 38

The Grey Box is a BT66b and is used to house Copper Cable Joints. It has nothing to do with FTTP.

The back block the the right is a CBT, that’s for FTTP.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 38

So, do I still need to have a fibre setup done at my property?  There has been no communication from them about the fibre roll-out - we are currently on the Fibre 1 package - so I assumed that we had whatever we needed and the CSP was out at the pole.  The cable is underground from pole to front of our property.

How do I get them to confirm what I have and what, if anything, I need?

I've been told that I can just slip the 2 conduits on first post inside each other and then cover the step.  How do I confirm what I need to do?  I really want to get my steps completed.

Thanks for the replies.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 38

I ran a speed test using Broadbandspeedchecker - not sure if this helps determine what physical setup I've got:

Ping Download Upload

27 ms45.50 Mb/s8.70 Mb/s
0 Ratings
Message 18 of 38

The CBT (according to the post from 36ULW) is on the pole to the right of the grey box. The distance from this pole to my property is approx 25m - maybe closer to 30m for cable length.
0 Ratings
Message 19 of 38

Hi @Dave_77  Thanks for your posts, from the picture of the pole you have posted it looks like there is full fibre infrastructure in your area. If it's available you won't be upgraded to it unless you place an order, you can check if you can order it by logging into your MyBT account. 

If it's available and you want to avail of it why not place the order for the installation to happen before you commence the building of your steps?

Thanks

Neil

Message 20 of 38

Is Fibre1 not a fibre package?
0 Ratings