Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

BT Router - "Test your Broadband Speed" not working

Every time I try this option, I get this error:

Crius_0-1697098033227.png

Crius_1-1697098041695.png

I tried authenticating first into bt.com, just in case it was a problem with the link not finding my user already logged in, but the result is the same.

As much as I love to stay on the phone listening to music, I'd rather have that service working so that I can understand immediately if there is an actual issue on the line, or it's my devices having problems.

On top of that, the number direct you to reply to a text message which is a payment service, classy move I have to say.

When registering with BT they messed up by registering first with the wrong offer to my main email, then cancelling but apparently leaving the email as "used", then create a new registration with an alternative email I provided. No idea if this is causing any issue.

Also, since yesterday (at the least) I am going way under the minimum guaranteed speed. This morning we are reaching the blazing speed of 11Mbps on these guaranteed terms:

Crius_2-1697098199765.png

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT Router - "Test your Broadband Speed" not working

Hi @Crius I'm sorry to see you're having problems with your broadband speed, have you tried running a speed test from the MyBT app? It will test the network speed up to your Hub.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

I'll try, but the idea to have to install an app on my phone to use a feature that is natively on my router is... surprising.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

@Crius 

I suspect that the app has access to the backend connection, which is not visible to the home hub. Therefore it should give an accurate result, which is independent of any local network connectivity to the app itself.

0 Ratings