cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

BT fault fix time has passed but still no resolution

BT identified a fault at 16.24 on 17 Aug and estimated a fix time 22.23 on 17 Aug. It's now 10.20 on Aug 18. The BOT still gives the original fix time. My a/c says no faults but the fault finder shows a fault in the area but provides no information. I know we are not allowed to speak to anyone in first line support so I'm left in the dark without any idea of when the fault will be fixed. Neighbours are in the same situation. How do I know that BT has actually recognised the ongoing fault if the BOT gives  a fix time that has already passed? Does a human actually check the BOTs for accuracy? How often are BOTs updated?  

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: BT fault fix time has passed but still no resolution

try going to 'HELP' at top of forum page and then check line status see if any update

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 11

No.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

Another problem has now appeared: 'Sorry, we couldn't find your account'.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

This is not at all reassuring when you have a fault: 'No known issues in your area'.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

I'm in the same boat. BT broadband went down early Friday 18 September and all I can find out is that there is an incident in my area. Been told three times that it will be fixed at a date/time that has already passed. As you say, no one allowed to speak to you and the latest apparently is that it will be off till midnight next Saturday. That will be 8 days without internet.  "Disappointed"doesn't begin to cover it.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

Hi @gt2021 & @Jeff99 

Thanks for your posts!

Sorry for the service problems you've both experienced recently.  Give one of our guides a shout in the helpdesk on 0330 1234 150 and they'll be able to get you both sorted out.

Feel free to post back and let me know how you get on chatting with them 🙂

Thanks,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

Hi, thanks for trying to help.  I just tried that number again (as I've been doing since 8am) and no joy. It just leads me into an automated service that tells me I'll have no internet till Saturday at 23.45.  I've no idea what the problem is or why it will take so long.  Meanwhile I'm having to buy extra dongle GB for my desktop and am rattling through my GB allowance on my mobile.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

Thank you for posting back @Jeff99

I am sorry for the service outage in your area and for the problems you've experienced chatting with one of our guides in the helpdesk.  I can totally understand the disappointment around being told three dates for the fault to be fixed and for this to still be ongoing.

We can have a closer look to see exactly what's causing the hold up with the repair.  I can't promise that I'll be able to speed up the repair but we'll find out what the fault is so that you are fully aware.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Thanks,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

Hi @Jeff99, thanks for your PM to confirm that your service is back up and running. 
@gt2021 is your service working ok now?

Cheers

John

0 Ratings