cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 21

Re: Broadband Drops 30+ Times per day, multiple engineer visits please help

Go to solution

It would be good to hear from someone with more knowledge, but it seems odd that with that many disconnections, DLM hasn't reduced the sync speed trying to get a stable connection? That would have me looking at something interfering with the router rather than a line fault. When you swapped the router, did you also swap the PSU & DSL cable?

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 21

Go to solution
New PSU cable but same DSL cable with the RJ11 connector.
Again, not an expert, but you may be right. I keep getting synced at full speed 70/20mbps, and when connected all the Margin, attentuation looks good.
0 Ratings
Message 13 of 21

Go to solution

So only thing I have not tried is replacing that RJ11 DSL cable. 

I think it's a coincidence with the telegraph pole, Because it's progressively been getting worse.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 21

Go to solution

I have flagged this thread to a moderator, to see if they can ask Openreach to do an SFI (Special Fault Investigation).

It would be worth disconnecting every device from the home hub, and see if the hub lights still change colour.

As for the RJ11 lead, both ends should have an intact retaining clip, and be pushed fully in until it clicks into place. It should not be possible to pull the lead out without releasing the clip.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 21

Go to solution

Hi @marklong

Welcome to the BT Community and thank you for posting!

I am sorry for the broadband problems you've been experiencing recently.  I can understand the annoyance from the broadband dropping out when you're trying to use the service.

We'll be able to give you a hand with this.  I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Thanks,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 21

Go to solution

Thanks for sending over the details @marklong .

Let me know how the engineer visit goes.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 21

Go to solution
Thanks, will do
0 Ratings
Message 18 of 21

Go to solution

Hi Guys,

Good news,  finally after 4months and 4 engineers, the problem has been identified and fixed.

Hats off to this engineer who actually decided to try identify the issue instead of running a few checks and saying 'all is fine'. 

At the top of the telegraph pole, my copper wire was corroded and barely hanging on. 

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 21

Go to solution

Thanks for letting us know this is sorted @marklong .

It's great to see a good result in the end.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 21

Go to solution

@marklong wrote:

Hi Guys,

Good news,  finally after 4months and 4 engineers, the problem has been identified and fixed.

Hats off to this engineer who actually decided to try identify the issue instead of running a few checks and saying 'all is fine'. 

At the top of the telegraph pole, my copper wire was corroded and barely hanging on. 

Thanks

That should have been the first thing the first 'engineer' should have checked! They all seem to rely on 'tests' these days rather than physical observation and nous (a rare commodity). Guess you finally got an old school engineer.

0 Ratings