cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 13

Broadband installation appointment not confirmed, did not happen

Go to solution

Hey, I have ordered a new BT broadband at my home and the today (23 Aug) was the day the broadband was supposed to be installed, but in the order tracking page the appointment still shows as not confirmed/provisional.

What happens now? Do I keep waiting forever until someone picks it up?

Do I reschedule? The available dates are more than a week away, I wonder if next week no one confirms again and I have to reschedule again.

Are there any solutions that I haven't thought of?

Thanks, Theo

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Re: Broadband installation appointment not confirmed, did not happen

Go to solution

Hi @tledakis,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Community. If your order was for ADSL Broadband, then normally the activation can be completed without the need for the engineer to visit the address.

Have you received your Broadband equipment? Does your address have an active telephone service?

Thanks,

Paddy

Message 3 of 13

Go to solution

Hey @PaddyB !

Thanks for the reply! I had a telephone line installed last week and the broadband installation is for g.fast 300mbit. I have the equipment but it comes with a RJ11 plug. The socket has the BT flat type plug so I am stuck. I will see if I can get a plug that fits.

But in any case I have received no communication from anyone and this does not seem to be progressing at all 😞

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 13

Go to solution

Is there not a filter in the Hub box? Something like this:

rbz5416_0-1661251709510.jpeg

See post below.

Message 5 of 13

Go to solution

@tledakis 

That G.Fast service requires a special master socket, which is fitted by Openreach, hence the appointment, which you will need. This has dual sockets on the front, one for the phone, and the other (RJ11) for the home hub.

Message 6 of 13

Go to solution

Thanks @Keith_Beddoe no idea what is going to happen with the appointment now 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 13

Go to solution

G.Fast can be a bit of a problem to get working, especially the 300Mb service. Openreach may be waiting to appoint someone who can deal with any problems, as although the broadband checker may state it should work, the local cable pair may not be good enough. I understand the Openreach are not actively promoting that service, and are concentrating on FTTP.

Message 8 of 13

Go to solution

Do you know if BT/Openreach have some accepted timelines for the appointments?

If this isn't going to happen soon I would just go with virgin who have a cabinet outside my door as well.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 13

Go to solution

@Keith_Beddoe  Sorry Keith it doesn't. The SSFP just has a GFast stamp on it. The original reason for the visit was that the engineer could check the quality of the line. GFast will also work with a "dangly filter".

Being an ex engineer I know you are aware of what the SSFP or "dangly filters" do.

If you know of a difference I'm all ears. What is so special about the GFast SSFP?*

*Note I have 2 friends using ADSL branded SSFP's on GFast and one using a "dangly filter" they all do the same thing, fitlter the DSL signal out of the phone line.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 13

Go to solution

@pippincp 

I left before G.Fast was rolled out, so I was relying on what has been posted on the forum in the past. The SSFP is supposed to have better noise rejection than a standard ADSL filter, so may perform better on marginal circuits.

0 Ratings