cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 30

Re: Broadband speed is now throttled to 20mbs compared 38mbps to when it was first installed.

Go to solution

Right, now we have some data to work with we can see what is going on. Your offered speeds are based on the observed speed of 22.39Mbps which is low presumably due to a fault condition , confirmed by your high SNR margin from your router stats.  This is where the system falls down, it doesn't take into account fault conditions. Your handback threshold speed is 24.8Mbps that is the speed below which BT should accept you have a fault. In reality, I would expect you to be getting in excess of 45Mbps.

You need to report the fault.

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 30

Re: Broadband speed is now throttled to 20mbs compared 38mbps to when it was first installed.

Go to solution

Hi All

Am I missing something or have my posts been removed LOL.

The so called guru's of this site did not like my answer and could not counter argue as I must of been correct then - I am assuming of course.

In my rant I asked how could I get an engineer to inspect when BT have blatantly worked it to suit themselves.

What is the point of a Forum and free speech so other members can also check their contracts and they could find out they may not actually have a fault but BT have purposely done this as I have found.

Really poor guys... come on!!

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 30

Go to solution

They have not been removed, they have been moved to start your own thread rather than hijacking the other thread.

However, whoever moved them didn't leave a placeholder link to the new thread.

https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Fibre-broadband/Re-Broadband-speed-is-now-throttled-to-20mbs-compared...

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 30

Go to solution

Hi @sevans67  and thanks for posting.

I moved your posts so we can look into things for you. My mistake in not leaving a place holder .

Cheers

David

Message 25 of 30

Go to solution

I have reported it, OR will be calling on Friday, fingers crossed.

Message 26 of 30

Go to solution

Thanks for the update @Corky_Boy .

Please let us know how you get on.

Cheers

David

Message 27 of 30

Go to solution

@Corky_Boy 

Thanks for posting the tplink connection stats which shows an obvious problem with your line as has been pointed out shown by your very high noise margin. Getting margin down to normal 6db should get your connection speed up near the attainable speed 

Have you noticed your connection dropping often or maybe some manual resets trying to get speed back  pity router stats don't show internet connected time. Hopefully engineer will find the cause of high noise margin, maybe line noise, and correct the problem. Assuming engineer solves the problem make sure you get a DLM reset to get speed back

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 28 of 30

Go to solution

Dropouts are very rare I'm pleased to say. What is confusing is that whenever I checked on BT to see if a faster speed was available it just quoted my current (reduced from what I was originally getting) speed so I wrongly assumed that was the best speed available.

Colin

0 Ratings
Message 29 of 30

Go to solution

The OR man phoned to say he was on his way this morning, so I turned on my PC and lo and behold my speed was 36mbps, even before he got here, so somebody at BT had tweaked my line, see attached stats. previously SNR Downstream was 13.3 now it's 6.1. How did they do that? The OR guy was chuffed though, he fitted a new wall socket, ran some line tests and was on his way!

bt3.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 30 of 30

Go to solution

someone at BT has done a DLM reset hence why noise margin back to normal 6db and speed back to expected.

just now keep watch in case you start getting drops in connection and the speed problem repeating itself

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.