cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Broadband upload issue

Hello all,

Please bear with me, I'll try to keep this as civil as possible. As of the 15th of August, I've had issues with my internet. The connection will drop constantly or not even function as intended. When I can finally get a speed test done my speed will be nowhere near the guaranteed target and upload is usually around 0.01. Tests are conducted with Fast.com or Google speed test. Both have the same results. We've had 5 callouts with none of the engineers able to find/ see the issue. Engineers at the exchange don't seem to contact us and close the fault. The BT engineer who came to the property couldn't do a speed test and verified that the issue must be external. At this point, it keeps going around in a circle.

BT keeps booking engineers who mostly don't have the experience or the tools to perform the checks needed. On two occasions none have appeared or have taken the job. The callbacks are roughly the same. We had a conversation and concluded the issue remains.

I'm at my wit's end as this has started to affect my job role (working from home remotely).

Background:

• I'm on the 900mbs fibre package.
  • A new router was supplied and installed
  • A new OTN box was supplied and installed - by OpenReach engineer
  • Connections have been tested on WIFI and LAN cable.

Any help would be appreciated.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Broadband upload issue

Have you tried a direct wired connection to the ONT?

Set up a new PPPoE connection.

Username bthomehub@bt.com

Password BT.

Message 3 of 6

If you have a laptop, try connecting it directly to the ONT, and set up a connection on the laptop with the username bthomehub@btbroadband.com and password BT.  When you've done this try your speed tests.  Because of the capabilities of the laptop, you may well not get the full bandwidth that you pay for, but at least you'll be able to see if the issue is the cable connection or something within your own home LAN.

Give it a go and feedback 🙂

I only learn by making mistakes and owning up to them - boy do I learn a lot!
Message 4 of 6

Thanks for pointing out my error with the username.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

I'm not sure it is an error.  At the very least there are multiple versions of the "username" that seem to work!

I only learn by making mistakes and owning up to them - boy do I learn a lot!
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

The username will work with any prefix to @btbroadband.com