cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 36

Re: Broadband

Do you seriously think BT are deliberately affecting your service.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 36

I assume you mean the wireless drops out causing you problems as line looks ok from stats

have you turned of smart setup  

Turn Off smart setup

have you split the networks   

Split the networks

if you split the networks then I would also select the channels manually instead of leaving on automatic

to decide which channels to use you can get a wifi analyser for your phone and that will show your network and also networks near you together with channels in use      if your channels are busy then select a different channel in the hub wireless section

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 13 of 36

I wonder if it's happening on one device or multiple ones?

I have an iphone whose antenna went bad, meaning my signal was terrible unless very close to the router. Other devices didn't suffer any issues which was what gave me the clues to identify the device and not the wifi as the issue.

If you're using a laptop, try plugging it by wire into the hub and see how the speeds are then. I'd expect you get the full speed you expect from your stats. That would then lead you to the conclusion that the wifi part of your router has broken (you'd most likely see the speed drop with all of your devices in this case), your device has broken, that software or settings on your device have worsened it somehow, or that you're suddenly getting interference from a neighbour who has chosen to use overlapping wifi channels.  

Message 14 of 36

Thanks for your reply.

Ive been with BT for at least five years, mid way through a two year contract.  After years of BT causing issues with my other internet providers (not sending engineers, refusing to acknowledge problems) the only option open to me was to actually join them to miss out the middle man and avoid two companies blaming each other.  If BT will not engage with internet providers then there really is no choice but to go with them despite the poor service.

the router is from BT, all my other equipment is up to date. They want me to pay £5 more for effectively the same service, a service that is already very expensive.

I admire your loyalty but to suggest a company doesn’t limit access to force an upgrade is naive. 

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 36

yes

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 36

If you're going to ignore valid attempts to help you narrow down the problem and instead insist that BT is out to get you just to get you to buy some upgraded wifi equipment, then I'll leave you to your paranoia.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 36

Thanks for your reply.

I appreciate the advice, thanks. I will try those things and see what happens.

cheers

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 36

@iHateBritishTelecom1 wrote:

I admire your loyalty but to suggest a company doesn’t limit access to force an upgrade is naive. 

Absolute total nonsense.

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 36

Your previous ISPs had no contact with BT Retail as it is openreach who are responsible for maintaining the the exchange and cables.  The is no more contact between BT Retail and openreach than there is by TT or Sky or any other ISP   If there was then OFCOM would become involved and BT Retail fined

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 20 of 36

Thanks for your response.

cheers, I appreciate your help.  I will follow your advice and see if it helps, thanks.

the signal can be solid and then just disappear into nothing, this is in an area of my house where the service used to work fine, and it affects phones and iPads and everything.

thanks

0 Ratings