cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 43

Re: Cannot get Fibre Cable at property

Go to solution

Address BASEMENT FLAT ***** EDIT BY MOD dont post personal details***** on Exchange WEST is served by Cabinet 15

The problem is that the basement flat does not have fibre. I think the system has defaulted to the basement address because when my husband ordered the service for the maisonette, he had moved there from the basement. There are definitely two address but I cannot get Open Reach to install a second line because the system says that one already exists. Is there anything I can do to resolve this?

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 43

Go to solution

OK , so you selected the ‘basement’ flat from the list  , and it shows FTTP service already exists , because of a earlier service being ‘moved’ within the building,

The simplest way would to be for you to order service for the main address and when the installation takes place , tell them to fit the service in the basement, both the basement flat and the main address would have addressing errors ,( there already is one error anyway ) but with on line bills instead of  bills coming through the post , it’s not likely to be a huge problem , unless one or both addresses ever try to switch to a new provider, and the chance that the wrong address  is selected by the new ISP ,  alternatively , the other resident contacts whoever supplies their services, stating the billing  / service address is wrong , because it shows ‘the basement flat’ but they don’t live in the flat but the main residence building , sorting out that error should remove the basement as showing as having service already existing , allowing you to order a service for the basement flat .

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 43

Go to solution
The maisonette has been tenanted since August 2023 which is when we started trying to get a service for the basement. They have also changed provider. If we order a second line for the maisonette and then intercept it - will that interfere with the tenants service as this will double our problem🤪
0 Ratings
Message 24 of 43

Go to solution

If you use the maisonette address , does it show ( on the checker ) an ONT exists or not , if the basement shows an ONT , that doesn’t actually exist ( because it’s actually in the maisonette ) then presumably the maisonette will show that FTTP  can be ordered but an ONT doesn’t exist , or does the maisonette and basement both show ONT existing , even though the basement doesn’t have an ONT .

Obviously if ordering a second service for  an address that has  an ONT , a poorly trained ISP may incorrectly raise an order to takeover service rather than supplying a new service, it’s important to make sure of these details, in fact on another forum , a customer with two FTTP services wanted to know how to ensure the correct one was migrated to a new provider ( it’s by using the serial number of the ONT , if two ONTs exist ) 

FWIW , there is nothing stopping an address having two ( or more ) Openreach FTTP services , provided the network has capacity for it , there isn’t a blanket ‘ban’ saying an  address that has FTTP cannot have a second service, obviously in some cases someone may have a business connection, paid for by work , and a residential service they pay for themselves 

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 43

Go to solution
I will take a look and cut and paste the info
0 Ratings
Message 26 of 43

Go to solution

I think the best thing to do is to get the mods involved and get the records straightened out. I will alert them to your problem.

0 Ratings
Message 27 of 43

Go to solution
Just let me check the other address first in case that isn’t the cause …
0 Ratings
Message 28 of 43

Go to solution

I  would suggest that you need to sort the addressing error of the existing service first. Otherwise I can see this just descending into even more chaos. It seems more than probable that an Openreach engineer tasked with installing at one address will simply refuse to install in another.

The eventual mention of a tenant apparently already having a service of some kind in the basement just muddies things further.

Once the address is corrected with the existing ISP then you may need an ORDI request to Openreach to correct their database before you can actually order. Your chosen ISP should be able to do that.

Message 29 of 43

Go to solution

Totally agree.

0 Ratings
Message 30 of 43

Go to solution

Always

@licquoricewrote:

I think the best thing to do is to get the mods involved and get the records straightened out. I will alert them to your problem.

Always assuming that the FTTP service in the main residence is actually BT...

0 Ratings