cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

DLM Reset

Go to solution

Hello,

There was a fault that affected my line in October 2021 that caused lots of disconnects which caused DLM to apply banding to it. While the speed did increase after the fault was fixed, it has been stuck at 60mbps download speed for months. It would appear that my DLM is stuck. The line has been stable ever since this fault and could reach 70+ (shown by max attainable below). Is there any chance that I could have a DLM reset? Line stats and BT Wholesale checker information is below (short uptime is due to BT Smart Hub restarting itself every 14 days).Screenshot 2022-06-10 at 18.48.43-min-min.pngScreenshot 2022-06-10 at 18.44.33.png

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: DLM Reset

Go to solution

Hi, @BenH46 welcome to the community and thanks for posting, I'm sorry your post was missed last week. Your Hub stats show that the DSL uptime was just over 6 hours, was that a manual reset of your Hub or did it drop on its own?

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

It was due to the smart hub restarting every 14 days for whatever reason. It's now at an uptime of just over 6 days. No dropouts on the line since the fault last year.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

@BenH46 Oh I see, sure we'll take a look to see if anything can be done. The SNR does seem to be a bit high which can slow down the connection speed.

I'll send you a private message in a moment so you can send over your details.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Update: The DLM reset has been carried out and the line is no longer banded. Downstream sync speeds have increased from 60 to 70mbps and might increase a little more if the target SNR is lowered to 3 (although probably not very much).

Thanks

Screenshot 2022-06-20 at 15.33.22.png

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

@BenH46 With those stats, leave the router on constantly, don't touch it and you should get to about 75meg on a 3db. Throughput roughly 67-69meg is achievable. 

0 Ratings