My contract with BT is finishing by end of this week and a few weeks back I decided to move to Sky as BT was unable to give me a better deal.
A week after placing the order with Sky, the BT team from Newcastle contacted me and offered me an equivalent offer which I accepted (to avoid moving). He placed the order (27/9/22) and told me to sit tight as they will contact Sky to cancel the order that I initiated.
The BT order was tracking pending until today (4/10/22) and so I contacted BT via 150. They said they don't know what happened and needed to place a new order. The agent deleted the previous order and a while after the call was disconnected (deliberately or by some error). I called back and the new agent asked me to wait for the call from the previous one.
No answer until late evening and I called to check. Then the new agent said, he won't be able to place a new order for that offer and need to email the original team. He is unable to connect me to them for some reason.
Looking for advice on what to do. Sky router came and the activation date is 7th. Not sure BT can resolve this before and contact Sky to stop the takeover.
Is there a way to contact BT retention team(I think) rather than sit tight and wait for that call?
Solved! Go to Solution.
I normally use 0800800030 but talking to previous advisor might be difficult
Have you tried checking with SKY to see if BT had been in touch to cancel your order?
The original order is raised when you change your mind and wanted to remain with BT, it sits pending until the Sky takeover/transfer is gone, if that doesn't happen the order times out and stops, which is most likely what happened, it also indicates the switch is still going through.
Speak to the Loyalty team on 0800 800 150, they are the most knowledgeable and experienced to deal with an AOT (Advice of Takeover/Transfer), if you were not moving your number to Sky, they can stop it there and then as it's a takeover, if you asked Sky to port your existing number, you need to speak with Sky because the losing ISP's shouldn't interfere with a transfer without good reason.
Thanks @-Richie- . I will call them tomorrow to see what's happening. As far as I know, the order was pending until this morning and then the agent deleted it to create another order (I checked before and after the call). It might be too late to stop the transfer but either way, I hope I will have internet (either by Sky or BT).
If the switch date is the 7th, you have until 12pm the day before (6th) to cease it, after that it's possibly passed the point of no return.
I would urge you to act quickly, check with Sky their order is ceased, check with BT your loss of service request is ceased, when switching providers it's 2 orders on the supplier side, BT will have 1 to cease, Sky will have 1 to provide, if anything goes wrong you could end up with no service.
Is this for FTTP?
From what I understand, it sounds like the Sky order is going through.
I spoke to BT- they are not sure what's happening (at the moment there is no open order). I called Sky and they said they never received any request from BT and everything is going forward as planned. So I decided to stay with Sky to avoid any confusion or loss of service.
I will miss this community (and may come back after 18 months). It's great to see such a great support.
I'm confused now, in your original post you said you were staying with BT, in your last post you said you had decided to stay with Sky.
You also said that BT have no open orders, which is odd if you're joining Sky tomorrow and leaving BT, something doesn't sound right.