cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

EE Minihub for Halo

I was sent a little hub to keep me connected when my full fibre line went down.  I was told by the Twitter BT team to keep it in case it is needed in the future.  Now I have received a text asking why I haven't returned it.  In various places on the BT Halo screens on the web it says that it needs to go back after use, or that it should be kept in a safe place and not returned, so which is correct?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: EE Minihub for Halo

It now needs returned, originally they were sent when needed and you kept them to be reactivated, now the policy is changed and they need returned, if you need it again you'll be sent one.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Hi @Frogmodem and thanks for the post.

If you need a returns kit I can sort that for you. Check your inbox for my message and drop me a reply with the details.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Hi, sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I've just checked your account and there's no open request for your equipment to be returned. It's showing the 4G mini hub you have is linked to your BT Halo Subscription. It's better you keep that mini-hub and if you'd ever a fault in future we'd switch it on - rather than making you wait for us to send out a new one. Are you ok to keep it in a safe place, instead of sending it back? 

Definitive answer from BT!  Their Twitter helpline is actually very good and I've used it several times.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

@Frogmodemwrote:

Hi, sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I've just checked your account and there's no open request for your equipment to be returned. It's showing the 4G mini hub you have is linked to your BT Halo Subscription. It's better you keep that mini-hub and if you'd ever a fault in future we'd switch it on - rather than making you wait for us to send out a new one. Are you ok to keep it in a safe place, instead of sending it back? 

Definitive answer from BT!  Their Twitter helpline is actually very good and I've used it several times.

Shame it's the wrong answer, it used to be that way, then the terms changed which state it needs returned after use.

Source > https://www.bt.com/halo/terms

Do I get a new Mini Hub for each fault and home move? No. We'll send you a Mini Hub for your fault or home move which you'll need to return. For subsequent faults or home moves, we will send you another Mini Hub.  

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

@Frogmodem I'm afraid @-Richie- is correct. If you send your details over in a reply to @DavidM we'll be able to help.

Thanks

Neil

Message 7 of 7

Thanks for all your help. I'll wait until I get the prompt to return my kit on the MyBT homepage as there's nothing there yet. I do trust the replies here and I think you're correct.  As the Twitter bloke said that there are no returns scheduled yet maybe it's just taking a while. 

0 Ratings