cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 14

Engineer doesn’t turn up

I’m waiting in for the 5th time for an engineer to appear.  Slot is 8am to 1pm and it’s now just gone 11am. I’m trying yo be optimistic ! I’d waited in for the previous appointments which were all confirmed by texts. So, I’ve got little faith in their appearance today. 
since changing to BT my wifi has been very slow or not working at all. I can’t work from home snd my daughter is struggling to study. 4 times I’ve stayed in and rearranged my work shifts and medical appointments just got BT to say the first 2 bookings didn’t even go to OpenReach. I know it’s been said a million times but their communication between customer and OpenReach is non existent! 
im helpless and frustrated with being on hold for hours each day and being told something different each time. 
Any suggestions if they don’t appear for the 5th time today?! 

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

Re: Engineer doesn’t turn up

are you dropping internet connection  - the lights on hub will change colour from blue to red/orange - or is it hub stays blue but you cannot connect to the wifi?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 14

@Tessie63 

Welcome to this user forum for BT Retail phone and broadband customers.

I assume you have an issue with your broadband speed?

What broadband package do you have, and what speed were you told to expect, and what are you getting when you run a speed test?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 14

Hi. The router is orange most of the time and BG said that the speed is ridiculously slow. I can’t look at most websites. 
I was with Plusnet and had no problems. I only moved to BT as it was cheaper! 
my point is, what’s the point of booking an engineer when no one comes?! 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 14

As this is only a customer to customer forum, I have asked a moderator to look at your line. I assume its been like this since it was installed?

What broadband package have you got?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 14

I don’t know what package. I’ve been with BT for a month and only had a few days of broadband.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 14

Is your BT Smart Hub 2 plugged into a phone socket, or is it connected to another box which has lights on it?

Not sure if you are on ADSL or FTTC.

Use the address checker on the page below, and post the results, but edit out your address details first.

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 14

My concern is an engineer doesn’t appear! I can’t work from home and I have to stay in for a non existent engineer.
Hopeless!
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 14

What date did you report the fault, and what does it say on the fault progress notes?

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 14

I can’t find the fault notes.
It’s been going on for almost a month.
0 Ratings