cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Engineer hasn't arrived

• New customer moved from EE was supposed to have some come out today between 1-6 to install at my home. Have waited in all day and they still haven't arrived. Can't get through to bt themselves to see if there was a change in date. Would it be safe to say they aren't coming tonight? 
0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Engineer hasn't arrived

A transfer from EE to BT doesn't need an engineer visit. Is your internet working?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Yes my ee router is still plugged in. I upgraded it to the fibre 500 and was told I needed a engineer to come out. When I got in touch with bt tonight they said open reach has marked it down as missed appointment what ever has happened. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Pity you didn't mention it was an upgrade FTTP upgrade in your OP. The engineer may have been delayed on another install. Did they give you an update on when you'll be installed? If not give the FTTP team a ring in the morning to find out. 0800 587 4787

Message 5 of 9

The lady I was speaking to had said to call in the morning and they could get in touch with openreach and see if they can tell me what happened. I'm happy enough to wait as long as my other Internet doesn't get cut off beforehand. Thank you for the replies 😊

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Hi @Eiresweg and welcome to our community.

Sorry the engineer didn't arrive. Hopefully the appointment will be sorted as soon as possible. Can you please get back to us and let us know when it completes?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Hey, openreach had cancelled the appointment yesterday as there was not enough engineers yesterday. I've been given a new date of the 25th of February so hopefully there won't be any issues next time. 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

@Eireswegwrote:

Hey, openreach had cancelled the appointment yesterday as there was not enough engineers yesterday. I've been given a new date of the 25th of February so hopefully there won't be any issues next time. 

So, hopefully, your EE connection will remain until the 25th?

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Yes I rang ee and asked them if my connection will stay on until the 25th and thankfully it will.