cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 24

Re: FTTP Available on Openreach Checker, but not on BT

I got my email from Openreach this morning, informing that they were about to start the process of installing Ultrafast Full Fibre Broadband. The email describes the process they'll go through up to the installation (although it's already done). The BT wholesale braodband checker now tells me that fttp is now available, and BT's website now gives me options for fibre broadband (as does Monysupermarket, and other providers)

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 24

if now showing available then phone FTTP TEAM 08005874787 and should be able to place order

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 13 of 24

I've also had an email confirming their engineers have done the FTTP work in our street and it's available right now...but it still isn't when trying on the various ISP's websites (my details in the btwholesale still not showing it as available)!

Don't know why OR send these emails out when they haven't updated all the IPS's first, it'd prevent a lot of confusion (& frustration)

Message 14 of 24

Similar situation in Stamford, Lincs. CBTs have been on the poles for months and in the ducts. My house is duct-fed and there is a CBT right outside under a BT manhole - I watched it being installed. We can get FTTP up to 1gbps from either Upp or Lightspeed - both small outfits which I suspect will fold or be unable to sustain a good service long term. FTTP is not available from BT, it is shown as ‘Not Available’ on the Openreach Cabinet Checker and when I’ve spoken to BT even the most switched-on and helpful people have no idea when (or if) I will be able to get FTTP from BT at my address. 

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 24

It's now available via BT; they're offering me 125mb at +£5 on top of my existing package as a Black Friday Deal. Don't know if I'll lose my landline (pyrrhic victory?), but it looks worth taking up, as I've also got discounted mobile with them. Just got to be home when they want to install.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 24

The £5 might be to keep your landline. You may have committed by now but I suspect that you could have the new FTTP for what you were paying before, if you were to forsake the landline. I am paying for a landline that I don't even have a phone connected to any more so as soon as I get a chance to upgrade to FTTP I will make sure that the landline is removed.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 24

You don't need to have FTTP to remove your landline. FTTC is available as broadband only.

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 24

Nah. The landline goes, get DigitalVoice instead, but +£2 for calls. I missed the Black Friday deal as I couldn't be home for the installation (working away from home). They're currently offering 50Mb for +£3.46 as an upgrade.

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 24

Unclear what you're saying here.

My understanding is that if you have FTTP installed then you CAN have a 'landline' phone service with the same number but it will become a digital phone service (digital phone plugged into the Smart Hub 2). There is no Line Rental with FTTP, as far as I know.

I don't know if it is possible to have FTTP installed for broadband but also retain the copper landline for telephone use. I can't imagine that anyone would want to do that but presumably if they did then Line Rental would be payable.

I don't need and don't want a landline anyway.

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 24

Probably best to wait then!
0 Ratings