cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

FTTP Install - no CBT, BTOpenreach engineer failed to turn up, equipment missing

Go to solution

This may not be correct place to post this but I feel it is a BTOpenreach issue.

I ordered FTTP through SKY TV supposed to be installed on 17th November 2022.

A BTOpenreach engineer turned up 2 days before this date to survey our site and discovered that although FTTP was supposed to be available at our premises, their records showed that the contractor "KC" had said they had installed a (CBT?) box outside our property, but the box does not exist, they 'KC' appear to have cut a few corners here in a our rural location with BT cables sticking up through nearby road verges, very poor workmanship, anyway, the Sky order was cancelled. Sky told us we had to re-order so we did this and got another appointment date of 16th December 2022. No BTOpenreach engineer turned up on this day or beforehand that we were made aware of. Probably as they know it requires KC contract work.  Complaining again to Sky is probably pointless as they will just reschedule another appointment. The delay appears to be between BTopenreach and KC contractors in that they need KC to install the equipment their records say is already here.

Is there a contact number or email address I can use to escalate this issue?

Thanks

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: FTTP Install - no CBT, BTOpenreach engineer failed to turn up, equipment missing

Go to solution

@cbumpkin 

You'll need to take this up with your provider Sky.

It's also just Openreach and a separate entity to rest of BT.

This forum is for BT Consumer customers 

Message 3 of 5

Re: FTTP Install - no CBT, BTOpenreach engineer failed to turn up, equipment missing

Go to solution

Hi @cbumpkin,

Welcome to our Community.

First of all, I am sorry that your services haven't been installed for you yet. Openreach are a different company from us. We have no more influence over them than Sky or any other ISP signed up to them have. As you are a Customer of Sky, they have to contact Openreach and they need to find out what's happening for you every step of the way. They should have a complaints procedure that you can follow.

I hope this gets sorted for you soon.

Thank you
DanielS

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks for the reply, but Sky just reschedule another appointment, the telephone operaors at Sky do not even know about the KC contractor issue, so I go through an hour of wasted time on the telephone with someone who knows less about the reasons for the delay than I do.  I want to contact someone in BTOpenreach who can kick some *ss with this KC contractor.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

@cbumpkin 

BTOpenreach does not exist, its just Openreach.

Openreach do not deal with end users, so your only escalation is via Sky.

Please post on their forum .

Sky Help Forum - Help & Support from the Official Sky Forum

0 Ratings