cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 25

Re: FTTP Poles and New cable

There are a couple of ways the network in that area could be designed , in my opinion the splitter at the end of the overhead route the most likely , that means although the cable to it passes your property it’s not ‘accessible’ , no way to remove a fibre outside your address and even if it were possible, OR are not going to ‘light up’ ( provide ) a splitter to serve a single property, that’s a poor use of headend capacity….so even if they placed a CBT on the pole outside your address it would need to be served ( cabled )  directly or via an IJ from a splitter ( with capacity ) , the nearest splitter presumably is the one I suspect will be provided for the newsite….as stated it’s not impossible to go down this route , it’s not good design though , and as the planning  ‘ imperative’  no doubt was the new buildings , ( on the newsite budget) it’s unlikely ( IMHO ) that any relatively close by ( 100’s of metres away ) buildings would have been considered by the planner as they are delivered from a ‘retro build’ budget ….but until the newsite addresses are showing as having access it’s impossible to know , short of seeing OR’s plan .

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 25

Totally, we will wait and see, annoying the guy said 32 or 36 fibres in that cable too.  Thanks again for your input 

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 25

The poster 36ULW , presumably picked their user name based on that fact , 36 ( fibre ) ultra light weight cable that is ( again ) a standard building block of the OR network.
0 Ratings
Message 24 of 25

A SASA has 32 Fibres. 

The Cables Openreach commonly use for Overhead Fibre is the COF215 ULW Cable, which comes in various Fibre Sizes from 12F to 96F. The most commonly used one is 36F and 48F.

Depending on which side of the Splitter that cables on it could potentially be at full capacity. 

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 25

Thanks.

we shall see what happens maybe I can do a deal with one of the new houses and setup a P2P bridge. We shall see.

0 Ratings