cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 18

Re: FTTP - What the maximum cable run from the pole to house and questions about running the cable r

@pippincp underground, which is why i was confused as when i was told it would be an overhead
0 Ratings
Message 12 of 18

Re: FTTP - What the maximum cable run from the pole to house and questions about running the cable r

Are there any Openreach covers in the pavements near you?

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 18

Yes, two on the pavement right outside my house

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 18

Who told you it would be overhead? Since you are presently fed  by UG cable, my guess would be the fibre optic will follow that route although it may be carried overhead up to a suitable ground chamber, from where it runs UG to your home. 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings icon. If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted solution’
0 Ratings
Message 15 of 18

@flipsidewrote:

Yes, two on the pavement right outside my house

Then likely to be ducted from the pole to your house. You won't find out until install day.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 18

@stevebrass  OR engineer I collered on the street. He said it's all fed from the pole

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 18

@pippincp  I've asked for a survey as the OR engineer I spoke to said the only local gfeed I'd from the pole

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 18

Did the same engineer confirm that it would not go underground from the pole as happens with many installs? If so why would you need a survey?

0 Ratings