cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

FTTP availability confusion

Go to solution

Hi there,

The Openreach and BT checkers both say I can have full fibre installed at my property, which is quite a recent thing. However, City fibre have installed in the streets near to us and have their stickers on street boxes. Also, our area was seemingly under the jurisdiction of the house builder and not the council, so we had been left behind.

I see future works on Road traffic Scotland website indicate our immediate area will soon have fibre installed by City fibre "To support a mobile network". Unless fibres can be pushed through ducting from around the corner I haven't seen any works being carried out on our street. In fact, the street is actually block paving style.

Would it be correct that Openreach are also now able to supply full fibre to my house despite a rival doing all the work to install their network in the adjacent roads ? I thought they were completely separate.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: FTTP availability confusion

Go to solution

Only Openreach would know that.

Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Just enter your phone number in dslchecker and post results. It will show if FTTP available to you 

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks for that. I'd completely forgotten about that option. It seems to confirm FTTP is available to me using that. Says WBC FTTP  available, and KCI2 Assure. 

I forgot to mention in my original post that on the City fibre checker it says that it's not available to me. That was where the confusion came in.

Cheers.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution
If you check the Openreach BT Wholesale checker, then it would show you if the Property has "FTTP available" and display the speed available.

Checking the ISPs who use Openreach directly (e.g BT Broadband's address checker) should then display the broadband products those ISPs offer.

BT usually offers a full range of product speeds via "Full Fibre". Apparently not all ISPs offer their products in all Openreach areas. As for CityFibre based lines, they are a separate wholesale network. An ISP website would normally show a separate set of products that use that network if they offer them.