cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 33

Re: FTTP installed but ONT PON still flashing... HELP!

EFA7FD6E-377E-4EB8-897E-4916E141177F.jpeg

This is an Adtran Head End, there’s also ECI, Huawei and Nokia ones that look slightly different but they work on the same principle.

Each of those Coloured Cables as the top with the Blue Connectors is an Individual Fibre that make up a Hydra Cable and each one is Plugged into a Port that Provides Service to one PON, aka up to 32 customers, although Openreach only use 30 on each PON.

If your PON is supposed to be on say Port 2 but someone put it on Port 12 by mistake then it’s literally a case of unplugging the Hydra from Port 12 and Plugging it into Port 2.

Or it could be the Spine Fibre is on the right Head End Port and it may be your CBT is on the wrong SASA. In which case of would just need someone to splice it onto the correct SASA at the Splitter.

Obviously you just need a competent Engineer to Fault it correctly to prove exactly which one it is and fix it accordingly.

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 33

Many thanks for all your input and help so far. Much appreciated.

I did get a call from and OpenReach engineer this morning. He wants to take a look at the CSP. I said I'm out but go for it.

I did mention about the routing etc... My mobile signal is a bit rubbish where I'm out at currently. Hopefully he can figure something out.

Guess we'll see...
0 Ratings
Message 23 of 33

So,

Im being told the fibre has been tested from exchange to my ONT and seemingly that is ok. Again, saying fault is at exchange with line card/cabling. Whether that is the case or not I don't know but that's what I have been informed thus far.

Uhm... Just waiting...

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 33

I have just had a phone call from a Gentleman at Openreach who said it's a cable further back at the exchange that they believe is the culprit. I don't know enough about cables in an exchange to know whether there is specifically different types of cable connecting the equipment.

But this is the latest I have just been told.

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 33

There is no reason why you should know. The people who do know will be dealing with it.

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 33

That's fine. Like you say, if it's being dealt with it's being dealt with. It's the waiting game I suppose.
0 Ratings
Message 27 of 33

Did the problem get fixed ?

0 Ratings
Message 28 of 33

Hello,

Was meaning to get back here to update my post so thanks for the reminder.

Yes, just a few days back a cable was replaced at the exchange and circuit rebuilt. I then was called and asked to check the connection and it was live. 

Many thanks for all the help and support.

Message 29 of 33

Glad to hear you are up and running 🙂

0 Ratings
Message 30 of 33

Many thanks. 👍
0 Ratings