cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Fiber Broadband NOT AVAILABLE

Go to solution

I live on a new development (4yrs old). All of my neighbours on my street have got Full Fibre Broadband. But my property only have Copper Broadband. I checked with my ISP and they said all the fibre connection in the cabinet have already been taken by neighbours. Therefore no free connection left for my property to be connected. Is this actually true?? Any other way to get around this issue. Iam really struggling with WFH. Thank you in advance.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Fiber Broadband NOT AVAILABLE

Go to solution

This is a BT customer to customer forum.

It is possible that the cabinet that serves your property is full and that there is a "waiting list" for the next available connection.  

You should pursue the matter with your present ISP as there is nothing anybody on this forum will be able to do to help you.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Fiber Broadband NOT AVAILABLE

Go to solution
Not all relatively new builds have FTTP from Openreach, there are other FTTP networks, and occasionally the developer of the property’s lock out Openreach and offer exclusivity to the other network provider.
OR FTTP doesn’t come from a cabinet , so it’s not going to be a cabinet showing waiting list if it’s FTTP that is available….if your neighbours have FTTP , and it was provided as the only network ( rather than an overlay ‘on top’ of the copper network ) then there no reason why you can’t order, unless your property was an afterthought and the builder made no provision for it
0 Ratings